- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Proposal of Wireless Communication Method and Candidate Frequency Band for Constructing the Integrated Radio Networks for Railroads
철도통합 무선망 구축을 위한 무선통신방식과 후보주파수대역 제안
- Park, Duk-Kyu (Dept. of Information Comm. Eng., 21, Mokwon Univ.) ;
- Lee, Sang-Yun (Korea Communications Agency) ;
- Yoon, Byungsik (Wireless Access Control Research Section, ETRI) ;
- Kim, Yong-Kyu (Wireless Train Control Section, KRRI)
- Received : 2013.06.04
- Accepted : 2013.07.26
- Published : 2013.12.31
These days, interest in radio networks for railways has increased both at home and abroad. In response to this trend, not only the existing radio networks which focus on railway control signals but also the next-generation integrated radio network that can send videos and manage mass storage data are actively being investigated. This paper proposes wireless communication methods to establish integrated radio networks for railways. The paper further suggests a candidate frequency band that could be allocated as the frequency band for railways among the frequency bands currently used in Korea. Based on this paper, we can expect that the domestic railroad will operate more efficiently and that security and convenience of the railroad will reach a superior level. In addition, the Korean integrated radio networks for railways, which cope with the changes in the global technology market, will be established.
- Research team of the exclusive frequency for railway, Korea Railroad Research Institute (2008) The Research report on the Allocation Method of the Exclusive Frequency for Railway.
- Korea Communications Commission, Korea Radio Promotion Association(2009) The Research Report on Railway Frequency.
- Korea Communication Agency (2012) Research paper on Allocation of Exclusive Railway Frequency : to Establish Next Generation Integrated Radio Network for Railway.
- Korea Radio Promotion Association(2010) "Frequency Allocation Table of Korea.
- H. Holma and A. Toskala (2009) LTE for UMTS - OFDMA and SC-FDMA Based Radio Access, Wiley, Chichester, U.K., pp. 386-387.
- Sang-Yun Lee (2012) Implication and Trend on the Frequency of Railway Communication in foreign country, Communication Policy, 24(22), pp. 55-75
- European Commission (2013) Mandate to CEPT to develop harmonized technical conditions for the 649-790MHz('700MHz') frequency band in the EU for the provision of wireless broadband electronic communications services and other uses in support of EU spectrum policy priorities, Ref. Ares (2013) 317781.
- Korea Communications Commission (2013) An Open Forum on Frequency Allocation Plan for Mobile Communication, February.
- Ministry of Land, Translation and Maritime Affairs (2011) The Second Plan for the Construction of National railway network (2011-2021), http://www.molit.go.kr/USR/I0204/m_45/dtl.jsp?idx=8132.
- Ministry of Land, Translation and Maritime Affairs (2012) The Master Plan of Integrated Radio Network for Railway.
- Analysis on Applicability of LTE-R in Urban Railway Tunnel Environment vol.64, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2015.64.12.1796