- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Feasibility Study of Improved Train Control System Using On-board Controller for Intelligent Control of Trackside Facilities
선로변 시설물의 지능적 제어를 위한 차상중심 열차제어시스템 시뮬레이션 기반 성능 평가
- Baek, Jong-Hyen (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Jo, Hyun-Jeong (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Chae, Eun-Kyung (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Choi, Hyun-Young (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Yong-Gyu (Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2013.06.13
- Accepted : 2013.09.11
- Published : 2013.12.31
To improve the efficiency and safety of railway systems, the train control system has considerably evolved from the ground-equipment-based control system (e.g. track circuit, interlocking system, etc.) into the on-board-equipment-based control system. In addition, this train control system enables the rolling stock to intelligently control the trackside facilities by introducing information and communication technologies (ICT). Accordingly, since the ICT-based train control system simplifies the railway system (i.e. the heavy ground-equipment can be removed), an efficient and cost-effective railway system can be realized. In this paper, we perform a feasibility test of the ICT-based train control system using a simulation. To this end, we implement a test-bed consisting of prototype machines of on-board/ground equipment and introduce an integrated operation scenario for the train control. The simulation results satisfy all the requirements of train operation according to the scenario and show the effectiveness of the proposed train control system.
- Y.-H. Kim, W.-S. Choi (2011) Analysis of operational Issues for ICT-based on-board train control system, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 14(6), pp. 575-583. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2011.14.6.575
- Y.-K. Yoon, Y.-K. Kim (2009) Wireless information & communication technology and train control technology combination, new train control system development, Journal of the Korean society for railway, 12(4), pp. 23-31.
- H.-J. Jo, J.-H. Baek, G.-Y. Kim, K.-M. Lee, Y.-K. Kim (2012) A Study on the on-board centered train control system to enhance efficiency of low-density railway line, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 13(11), pp. 5434-5441. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.11.5434
- K.-M. Lee, J.-H. Lee, E.-K. Chae (2012) Study on the wireless communication system using multiple access for testing & validation of korea radio train control system, autumn conference of the Korean society for railway, pp. 1679-1682.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Korea Institute of Construction & Transportation Technology Evaluation and Planning (2008) A Research Report on Development of Automatic Operation & Control System for the Large Train Station with High-Density Operation, final report of the 5th year.
- J.-H. Baek, C.-G. Lee (2009) A Study on the Technology of Train Separation Control using Balises to enhance the Speed of Exiting Line, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 10(2), pp. 256-263. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.2.256
- Radio-based Train Control Research Team (2012) The on-board centered train control system, output document.
- Korea Railroad Research Institute (2012) Development of Technology to enhance ICT based Safety of Train Operation and Operational Efficiency, Final report of the 2st year.
- J.-H. Baek, J.-G. Hwang, H.-J. Jo, J.-T. Kim, K.-M. Lee (2013) A study on the operation scenario of onboard oriented train control system of low-density branch railway lines, Winter of conference of The Korea Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, Yong-Pyong Resort, pp. 140-141.
- Communication Consecutive Test of Train Oriented Control System for Wayside Equipment Control vol.63, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2014.63.5.703
- On Enhancing Safety of Train-Centric Train Control System using Model-Based Development vol.17, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.7.573
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis for Development of ICT-Based Local Control Center vol.40, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2015.40.9.1819
- Field Test and Performance Verification of On-board Oriented Train Control System vol.16, pp.8, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.8.5513
- Preliminary Field Trial of Improved Train Control System Using on-board Control vol.39C, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2014.39C.3.298