- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Problem Analysis and Improvement Plan for the Korean Railways Communication Networks
국내 철도 통신망의 문제점 분석 및 개선방안 연구
- Kim, Kyung-Hee (Department of Radio-based Train Control Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Yong-Kyu (Department of Radio-based Train Control Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Park, Duk-Kyu (Department of Information Communication Engineering, Mokwon University)
- Received : 2013.06.04
- Accepted : 2013.10.07
- Published : 2013.12.31
The research about the Korean integrated wireless network for railways is in progress. The network integrates and complements the various railway functions. In addition, the network is trying to change from wire communication to radio communication. The activities for the railway frequency acquisition are also in progress for the implementation of the network. This paper analyzes the problems for the Korean railway communication networks. The problems revolve around the dispersed network structure, the limited functions, the different communication methods, the technology limitation for the communication methods, and the usage of the non-licensed band. Subsequently, we explain the current state and trend for the foreign communication of the railways. This paper suggests improvement plans for the problems and also explains the expected efficiency for the improvement plans.
Grant : 도시철도용 무선통신기반 열차제어시스템 표준체계구축 및 성능평가
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- K.-H. Kim, Y.-K. Yoon, M.-S. Kim, S.-C. Oh, E.-K. Chae (2012) A Study on the Application of Integrated Wireless Network for Railway, The Korean Society for Railway 2012 Spring Conference, Mokpo, pp. 1303-1306.
- K.-H. Shin, D.-H. Shin, G.-Y. Kim (2012) A Study on the Position Detection for the Railway Traffic, Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement.
- S.-H. Kim (2012) Construction Plan and Analysis of Effect about the Integrated Wireless Network for Railway, Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, p.92.
- UIC (2007) ERTMS/GSM-R Quality of Service Test Specification, UIC ERTMS/GSM-R Operators Group & GSM-R Industry Group, p.28.
- Achieved at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSM-R.
- Peter Tiberg (2009) GSM-R Railway yesterday, today and tomorrow, Nokia Siemens Networks, Banebranchen May 2009.
- Ciro De Col (2012) GSM-R fulfilling the objectives for the open European Rail Network, UIC 2012 ERTMS World Conference, Stockholm.
- Dan Mandoc (2010) UIC - Future Railway Mobile Telecommunications Systems Study, "UIC eNews" Nr 218, Information published on 15 December 2010 in the UIC electronic newsletter(Achieved at www.uic.org/com/article/uic-future-railways-mobile?page=thickbox_enews).
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (2012) Intelligent Railway Integrated System Project.
- UI C (2010) Railway Mobile Communication System User Requirements Specification Version 1.0.
- Peter Winter (2009) Compendium on ERTMS (European Rail Traffic Management System), Eurail Press, pp. 220-222.
- J.H. Baek (2009) The study on Train Separation Control of Train Control System for Conventional Line Speed Up, PhD Thesis, Chonbuk National University.
- Analysis on Applicability of LTE-R in Urban Railway Tunnel Environment vol.64, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2015.64.12.1796