- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Bandwidth Requirement Estimation Method for Future Wireless Railway Communication Systems
차세대 철도통합무선망을 위한 주파수 소요량 계산방법
- Jeong, Minwoo (Department of Mobile communication & Digital broadcasting Engineering, University of Science & Technology) ;
- Yoon, Hyungoo (Department of Computer and Electronic Engineering, Myongji College) ;
- Park, Duk-Kyu (Department of Information Communication Engineering, Mokwon University) ;
- Kim, Kyung-Hee (Radio-based Train Control Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Sukjin (Department of Wireless Access Control System Research, Electronics and Telecommunication Research Institute)
- Received : 2013.06.13
- Accepted : 2013.11.21
- Published : 2013.12.31
The Future Wireless Railway Communication System(FWRCS) has attracted attention for the various advantages of such a system like efficient management, precise periodicity of operation and speedy travel. Related to it, the area of bandwidth requirement estimation for the FWRCS is being researched actively because there is a great need for accurate bandwidth distribution. In this paper, sophisticated bandwidth requirement estimation method for FWRCS is proposed by modifying ITU-R M.1390. With this method, the expected frequency requirements for the present, for five years from now, and for 10 years from now can be calculated by applying the data gathered from the actual field.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- S. Lee, S. Kim (2013) A Study of Wireless Communication Network Constructing Policy Plan for an Efficient Railroad System Infrastructure, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 16(4), pp.262-271. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.4.262
- Z.H. Quan, D.K. Park, G.S. Park, M.S. Ryou, et al. (2009) Study on Radio Frequency to Secure Private Use in Railroad, 2009 Spring Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Gyeongju, pp. 2030-2037.
- B.S. Yoon, M.W. Jung, S.J. Lee, K.H. Min, et al. (2011) Bandwidth estimation for radio based train control and communication system, The 2011 International Conference on Wireless Networks, Las Vegas, pp. 502-505.
- ITU-R (1999) Recommendation ITU-R M.1390: Methodology for the calculation of IMT-2000 terrestrial spectrum requirements.
- ITU-R (2006) Recommendation ITU-R M.1768: Methodology for calculation of spectrum requirements for the future development of the terrestrial component of IMT-2000 and systems beyond IMT-2000.
- J.H. Back (2009) The Study on Train Separation Control of Train Control System For Conventional Line Speed Up, PhD Thesis, Chonbuk National University.
- WP9 Partners (2009) Data commnication system performance, Reliability, and Maintainability Requirements, Modur-ban.
- Korea Communications Agency (2012) Research of railway private frequency band allocation for future railway integrated wireless network construction.
- Achieved at www.sis.pitt.edu/-dtipper/2110/erlang-table.pdf
- Real Wireless Ltd. (2011) 4G Capacity Gains Final Report-Appendices, Ofcom(UK).
- W.-G. Chung (2007) Study on MCL method suitable to OFDM based systems for the 4th generation mobile communication, PhD Thesis, Yonsei University.
- Analysis on Applicability of LTE-R in Urban Railway Tunnel Environment vol.64, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2015.64.12.1796