- Volume 17 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A SES Alarmed Link Encryption Synchronization Method for High-speed Video Data Encryption
고속 영상데이터 암호화에 적합한 SES Alarmed 링크 암호동기 방식
- Kim, HyeongRag (Department of Computer Technology and Applicationacheon, Pohang College) ;
- Lee, HoonJae (Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Dongseo University) ;
- Kwon, DaeHoon (Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Pak, UiYoung (Agency for Defense Development)
- Received : 2013.07.19
- Accepted : 2013.08.30
- Published : 2013.12.31
CCSDS Standard is widely used in international space telecommunication area. In this standard, Encryption is realized using a unique hierarchical encryption protocol and satisfied security requirements of communication channels. For synchronization, encryption sync is attached in the beginning of encrypted data. But exceptional case(timing jittering, abnormal system shutdown, etc.) is occurred, receiving equipment cannot decrypt received data. In this paper, we propose a SES Alarmed link encryption synchronization method for sending warning signal to the transmitter when some problems have been occurred during the transmission and we also suggest optimum conditions for SES Alarm signal through performance analysis.
- J.H Yoon, C.S Hwang, "A Resynchronization technique by time-synchronization for secure communication using stream cipher," Proceeding of ICICS'97, pp.1129-1133, Singapore, 9-12 September 1997.
- Ashraf D. Elbayoumy, Simon J.Shepherd, "Stream or Block Cipher for Securing VoIP?," International Journal of Network Security, Vol.5, No.2, Pp.128-133, Sep. 2007
- HoonJae Lee, Il Seok Ko, "An Intelligent Security Agent for Reliable Cipher System using PingPong," Cybernetics and Systems , Vol. 39, No. 7, pp.705-718, Oct. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/01969720802257949
- H. J. Beker and F. C. Piper, Cipher System : The Protection of Communications, Orthwood Books, London
- Joan Daemen, Vincent Rijmen, "The Design of Rijndael: AES The Advanced Encryption Standard." Springer, 2002. ISBN 3-540-42580-2.
- Joan Daeman, Rene Govaerts and Joos Vandewalle, "Resynchronization Weaknesses in Synchronous Stream Cipher," Pre-Proceedings Of EUROCRYPT'93. 1993.
- CCSDS satellite recommended standard, http://public.ccs ds.org/publications/BlueBooks.aspx
- Procedure Manual for the Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems, CCSDS A00.0-Y-9, Yellow Book, Issue 9, Washington, D.C.:CCSDS, November 2003.
- Telecommand Part 1:Channel Service, Recommendation for space Data Systems Standards, CCSDS 201.0-B-3, Blue Book, Issue 3, Washington, D.C.:CCSDS, June 2000.
- TC Synchronization and Channel Coding, Recommendation for Space Data Systems Standard, CCSDS 231.0-B-1, Blue Book, Issue 1, Washington, D.C.:CCSDS, September 2003.
- Space Assigned Numbers Authorith(SANA)-Role, Responsibilityes, Policies, and Procedures, CCSDS 313.0-Y-1, Yellow Book, Washington, D.C.:CCSDS, July 2011.