- Volume 4 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Flexural Strength Evaluation of Steel Plate Concrete Shear wall subject to Monotonic Loading
단조하중을 받는 SC 전단벽의 휨강도 평가
- Kwon, Min-Ho (Department of Civil Engineering, ERI, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Sup (Department of Civil Engineering, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Seo, Hyun-Su (Department of Civil Engineering, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Lim, Jeong-Hee (Department of Civil Engineering, Gyeongsang National University)
- Received : 2013.10.14
- Accepted : 2013.12.02
- Published : 2013.12.31
In this study, flexural strength properties of SC shear walls were investigated through static pushover test. Failure modes and stiffness characteristics of SC shear walls under lateral loads were inspected by analyzing the experimental results. Main failures of unstiffened SC shear walls were found to be the type of bending shear failure due to the unbonding of the steel plate at the concrete interface. The ductility capacity of SC structures was also confirmed to be improved, which is considered to be a confining effect on steel plates in the longitudinal behavior of SC shear walls.
Steel plate concrete;Pushover test;Failure mode
- Berman, J. H. (2011), "Seismic behavior of code designed steel plate shear walls" J. Engineering Structures, Elsevier, 33(1), pp. 230-244. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2010.10.015
- Braconi, A., Bursi, O. S., Fabbrocino, G., Salvatore, W., and Tremblay, R. (2011), "Seismic performance of a 3D full-scale high-ductility steel-concrete composite moment-resisting structure-Part I: Design and testing procedure" J. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 37(14), pp. 1609-1634.
- Han, H. S., Choi, B. J., and Han, K. G. (2011), "Compression Behavior of Steel Plate-Concrete Structures with the Width-to-Thickness Ratio" Abstracts of KSSC Journal, 23(2), pp. 229-236.
- Kim, H. G., Kim, W. B., and Kim, W. K. (2008), "Behavior and Strength of Wall-Slab Connection in SC Structure" Abstracts of KSSC Journal, 20(2), pp. 347-354.
- Lee, K. J., Ham, K. W., and Park, D. S. (2009), "An Experimental Study on Mechanical Properties of SC Beam Structure under Temperature Load." Abstracts of KSSC Journal, 21(5), pp. 443-450.
- Lee, M. J., Lee, H. W., and Jin, S. C. (2008), "Evaluation of Steel Plate Reinforced Concrete Panels under In-plane Shear" 20(4), pp. 571-581.
- Lee, S. J. and Kim, W. K. (2010), "Damping Ratios for Seismic Design of SC Structures" Abstracts of KSSC Journal, 22(5), pp. 487-496.
- Li, C. H., Tsai, K. C., Chang, J. T., Lin, C. H., and Chen, J. C. (2011), "Cyclic test of a coupled steel plate shear wall substructure" J. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 41(9), pp. 1277-1299.
- Cho, S. G., So, G. H., Kim, D. K, and Kwon, M. H. (2012), "Experimental Investigation of the Lateral Load Capacity and Strength Characteristics of a Steel Plate Concrete (SC) Shear Wall", Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea 16(5), pp. 23-32. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2012.16.5.023
- Moon, I. H., Yoo, S. T., Kim, T. Y., and Lee, H. W. (2006), "Fundamental Study of Steel Plate Reinforced Concrete(SC) Structure" Conference of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers.