- Volume 29 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Integration of AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel for Forest Survey Application
- Mamat, Mohd Rizuwan ;
- Hamzah, Khali Aziz ;
- Rashid, Muhammad Farid ;
- Faidi, Mohd Azahari ;
- Norizan, Azharizan Mohd
- Received : 2012.08.27
- Accepted : 2013.09.23
- Published : 2013.11.30
Forest Survey consists of road survey, topographic survey, tree mapping survey, stream survey and also ridge survey. Information from forest survey is important and become essential in preparing base map to be used for forest harvesting planning and control. With the current technologies technique of data processing and mapping from traditionally hand drawn method had shifted to a computer system particularly the use of Computer Aided Design (CAD). This gives great advantages to the forest managers and logging operators. However data processing and mapping duration could be further reduced by integrating CAD with other established software such as Microsoft Excel. This time study to show that there is significance difference in term of duration for data processing and efficiency using AutoCAD in combination with Microsoft Excel program as compare to the use of AutoCAD program alone. From the study, it shows that the integration of AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel is able to reduce 70% of duration for data processing and mapping as compared to the use of AutoCAD program alone.
- Klassen A Hasbillah. 2007. Technical Procedures for Topographic Forest Surveys and Tree Mapping. Tropical Forest Foundation, Jakarta.
- Klassen Art, Hasbillah. 2005. Planning considerations for reduced impact logging. Tropical Forest Foundation, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Klassen Art, Hasbillah. 2006. Operational Consideration for Reduced Impact Logging. Tropical Forest Foundation, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Klassen Art, Hasbillah. 2006. Planning, location, survey, construction & maintenance for low-impact forest roads. Tropical Forest Foundation, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Klassen Art, Hasbillah. 2006. Management considerations for successful implementation of reduced impact logging. Tropical Forest Foundation, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Whelan P. 2002. AutoCAD LT 2002 in easy steps. Computer Step. Southam.
- Wells PL, Paoli GD, Suryadi I. 2010. Landscape high conservation values in East Kalimantan: Mapping & Recommended Management, with special focus on Berau and East Kutai Regencies. The Nature Conservancy Indonesia Program, Jakarta.
- Yarwood A. 2008. Introduction to AutoCAD 2008 2D and 3D Design. Elsevier, Italy.