- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Landing Stability Simulation of a 1/6 Lunar Module with Aluminum Honeycomb Dampers
Pham, Van Lai;Zhao, Jun;Goo, Nam Seo;Lim, Jae Hyuk;Hwang, Do-Soon;Park, Jung Sun
- Received : 2013.11.07
- Accepted : 2013.12.12
- Published : 2013.12.30
The Korea Aerospace Research Institute plans to launch a lunar module by 2025, and so is carrying out a preliminary study. Landing stability on the lunar surface is a key design factor of a lunar module. In this paper, a 1/6 scale model of a lunar module is investigated, for its landing stability on non-level surfaces. The lunar module has four tripod legs, with aluminum honeycomb shock absorbers in each leg strut. ADAMS
Lunar module;ADAMS;Landing stability;Aluminum honeycomb damper
- Robert, W. H., and Leonard, H. W., "Dynamic model investigation of touchdown stability of lunar landing vehicles", NASA Technical Note D-4215, 1967.
- Sun, Y., Hu, Y., Liu, R. Q., and Den, Z. Q., "Touchdown dynamic modeling and simulation of lunar Lander", Systems and Control in Aeronautics and Astronautics (ISSCAA), 2010 3rd International Symposium on, 2010, pp.1320-1324.
- Jiang,W., Huang,W., and Shen, Z.,"Application of ADAMS user-written subroutine to simulation of softlanding dynamics", Spacecraft Recovery & Remote Sensing 04, 2009, pp. 328-333.
- Lunar and Planetary Institute, Lunar Mission Summaries. Lunar Science and Exploration. URL : http://www.lpi.usra.edu/lunar/missions/.
- ESA-NEXT Team, Next Lunar Lander with in-situ science and mobility: Lunar Environment Specification, European Space Agency, 2008.
- William, F. R., "Apollo Experience Report-Lunar Module Landing Gear Subsystem", NASA Technical Note D-6850, 1972.
- Johnson, K. L., Contact Mechanics, The Press Syndicate of The University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom, 1987.
- Jiang, T., Hirotsugu , O., and Masahiko, H., "Dynamic-Contact Stiffness at the Interface Between a Vibrating Rigid Sphere and a Semi-Infinite Viscoelastic Solid", IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, Vol. 51, No. 14, 2004, pp. 1557-1563. https://doi.org/10.1109/TUFFC.2004.1367497
- Landing stability analysis for lunar landers using computer simulation experiments vol.14, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1177/1729881417748441
- Optimization and Performance Analysis of Oleo-Honeycomb Damper Used in Vertical Landing Reusable Launch Vehicle vol.31, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)AS.1943-5525.0000825