- Volume 19 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Comparative Study on Cognition Difference of Maritime Polices' Organization Culture
해양경찰공무원의 조직문화에 관한 인식차이 연구
- Kim, Jong-Gil (Department of Police Administration, Kimpo University)
- 김종길 (김포대학교 경찰행정학과)
- Received : 2013.08.07
- Accepted : 2013.10.25
- Published : 2013.10.31
Maritime police recognize that the organizational culture of various acting as a member of the organization. Also, marine policing and security activities to determine the number of build. The overall culture of maritime police who share the organization sub-culture may take place. Maritime police organizational culture and a variety of types of group culture, hierarchical culture, development culture, rational culture examined the differences in perceptions. Maritime police aware of the general results of the analysis are as follows; First, the maritime police officers of the age group of 20 was the highest recognition in hierarchy culture and rational culture. Second, the maritime police officers of the rank of captain was the highest recognition in development culture and rational culture. Third, differences in the perception of organizational culture by recruitment analysis show the difference in cultural groups showed, in particular, the special recruitment group of police officers, and maritime police culture can be seen tend to appear low.
- Bititci, U. S., K. Mendibil, S. Nudurupati, P. Garengo and T. Dan-Turner(2004), "The Interplay between Performance Measurements," Organizational Culture and Management Styles Measuring Business Excellence, 8, pp. 24-41.
- Cameron, K. S. and R. E. Quinn(1999), Diagnosing and Changing Organizational Culture, Addison: Wesley Publishing Company.
- Choe, M. K.(1994), "Culture Types, Strategic Types, and Behavioral Performance in Organizations," Organization and Personnel Management Review 18, pp. 283-323.
- Chung, S. J.(1996), "A study on the Development of Organizational Culture", Korean Academy of Organization and Management, 20(1), pp. 227-244.
- Cochran, J. K. and M. L. Bromley(2003), "The Myth(?) of the police sub-culture," Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies & Management, 26(1), pp. 88-117. https://doi.org/10.1108/13639510310460314
- Dantzker, M. L.(2003), Understanding Today's Police, New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Dempsey, J. S. and L. S. Forst(2005), An Introduction to Policy, Thomson & Wadsworth.
- Giddens, A.(1993), Sociology, Kim Mi-Suk et al. (eds), Social Sociology, Seoul: Eulyoo Publishing Co., Ltd.
- Han, B. J.(2012), "A Study on the Effect of Organizational Culture of the Organization on Employee Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment Using Hierarchical Linear Model(HLM): a Focus on the Comparison of Approach to Levels of Analysis", Korean Academy of Organization and Management, 36(3), pp. 169-199.
- Harrison, R.(1972), "Understanding Your Organization's Character," Harvard Business Review, May-June, pp. 25-43.
- Hwang, C. Y.(2003), "Comparison between Organizational Culture and Subculture in Administrative Organizations," Korean Public Administration Review 37(1), pp. 37-59.
- Jung, D. J. and J. W. Park(2002), "Culture Theory, Group, Grid, Organizational Culture, Public Enterprise", Korea Public Administration Journal 11(4), pp. 116-148.
- Kim, Y. J. and S. E. Park(1998), "An Empirical Study on the Relationship between Culture Type, Strength and Organizational Performance in Korean Firms," Korean Journal of Management 6(2), pp. 195-238.
- Kim, H. J.(2002). "The Effects of Organizational Culture on Organizational Commitment and Job Satisfaction in the Public Sector", Korean Public Administration Review, 36(2), pp. 87-106.
- Lee, H. W.(2007), Police Administration, Kyeonggi: Bobmunsa.
- Lee, S. W. and K. Y. Jeong(1999), "A Promotion Devices of Police Culture ," Police Science Journal 15, pp. 343-456.
- Lundberg, C. C.(1988), "Working with Culture," Journal of Organizational Change Management, 1(2), pp. 38-47. https://doi.org/10.1108/eb025598
- Quinn, R. E. and M. R. McGrath(1985). The Transformation of Organizational Culture: A Competing Values Perspective. In P. Frost et al. (eds). Organizational Culture. Beverly Hills, Cal: Sage, pp. 315-334.
- Sashittal, H. C. and A. R. Jassawalla(2002). "Culture that Support Product- Innovation Process". Academy of Management Executive, 16(3), pp. 42-54. https://doi.org/10.5465/AME.2002.8540307
- Suh, I. D.(1986), "A Study of Organizational Culture and its relationship with Organizational Characteristics in the Korea Firms," Doctorate Thesis, Graduate School of Seoul National University.
- Westley, W. A.(1970), Violence and the Police: A Sociological Study of Law, Custom and Morality, Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Zammuto, R. F. and J. Y. Krakower(1991). Quantitative and Qulitative Studies of Organizational Culture, Research in Organizational Change and Development, 5, pp. 83-114.
- Zammuto, R. and E. O'Connor(1992), "Gaining advanced manufacturing technologies benefits: the role of organizational design and culture," The Academy of Management Review, 17, pp. 701-728.