- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study on Appearance-oriented, Appearance Management Behavior according to the types of Masculinity
남성성유형에 따른 외모지향도, 외모관리행동 연구
- Lee, Hyun-Ok (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Ku, Yang-Suk (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2013.10.15
- Accepted : 2013.12.15
- Published : 2013.12.31
The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of the type of masculinity on appearance-oriented and appearance management behavior. Questionnaires were administered to 201 males 20s to 50s living in Daegu. The SPSS 20.0 package was utilized for data analysis which included frequency analysis, Cronbach's
- 'Anti-aging, moisture-rising, pore care' diversification of men's skin care. (2008, October 14). Medical Today. Retrieved December 20, 2012, from http://www.mdtoday.co.kr
- Back, I. S. (2007). The effect of the social comparison against appearance management working people's appearance information conjugate appearance management and fashion product purchases. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Jungang University, Seoul.
- Choi, J. S. (2002). Attitudes toward men's appearance management as related to sex role orientation and sensation seeking tendency. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Choi, L. Y. (2008). A study on the fashion behavior with male's consumption trend tendency. Unpublished master's thesis, Ulsan University, Ulsan.
- 'Cosmetics, functional underwear... Men-only product are popular'. (2013, August 4). Hankyung. Retrieved October 2, 2013, from http://www.hankyung.com
- Cox, C. L., & Glick, W. H. (1986). Resume evaluations and cosmetics use: when more is not better. Sex Role, 14, 51-58. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00287847
- Joe, H. J. (1989). Female and male of korean. Seoul: Moonji.
- Jung, G. H. (2002). A study of the influence on television advertising due to the change of social policy : Femininity and masculinity in television advertising. Journal of advertising, 13(5), 45-71.
- Kahng, H. W., Lee, G. S., Go, E. R., Jung, M. S., Nam, M. W., & Kim, Y. J. (2012). The social psychology of clothing. Paju: Kyomunsa.
- Kaiser, S. B. (1990). The social psychology of clothing symbolic appearances in context. N.Y: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Kim, C. H. (2011). A study appearance concern and appearance management behavior by type of men's fashion life style. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyungsung University, Busan.
- Kim, M. J., & Lee, M. S. (2007). Korea trend after 3 years. Seoul: Hansmedia.
- Kim, S. G., & Park, J. S. (1990). A study on the relationship between selfesteem and clothing behavior - For adult males and femalse -. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 14(4), 305-313.
- 'Korean mean 81.3%, appearance affect on the business or business skills' (2009, June 15). Neswire. Retrieved October 2, 2013, from http://www.newswire.co.kr
- Lee, G. O. (2005). Change of Korea masculinity through advertising. Journal of Korean Society for Advertising Education. pp. 113-130.
- Lee, H. O. (2008). A structural study on the interpersonal appearance factors influencing on cosmeceuticals usage intension. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyungbuk National University, Daegu.
- Lee, H. O. (2013). Appearance-related consumption behavior according to interpersonal relations and masculinity -Mediated effect of appearance concern-. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 15(5), 777-786. https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.5.777
- Lee, J. H. (2004). Study on the appearance management behaviors in university man : As related to sex role identity. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Lee, M. H., & Lee, E. S. (1997). A study on appearance interest and self - confidence of elderly women associated with demographic variables. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 21(6), 1072-1081.
- Lee, O. H. (1985). Research on old women's preferences of dresses and actuality of clothes. Unpublished master's thesis, Wonkwang University, Icksan.
- Lee, W. Y. (2006). Research reports : Study on sexuality expressed in contemporary men's fashion. The Korean Society of Design Culture, 12(3), 42-51.
- Lim, S. J., Hwang, S. J., Lee, J. N., & Lee, S. H. (2002). The social psychology of clothing. Seoul: Soohaksa.
- 'Men's cosmetics market the world's no. 1'. (2013, August 16). Bntnews. Retrieved October 2, 2013, from http://bntnews. hankyung.com
- 'Men's cosmetics' popularity'. (2013, March 8). Wowtv. Retrieved October 2, 2013, from http://www.wowtv.co.kr
- 'Men's market scale surpassed women's wear'. (2011, March 15). Asiae geong jae. Retrieved January 15, 2013, from http://www.asiae.co.kr
- 'Men's makeup shop' first opened in Korea. (2009, March 30). Dairy Cosmetic. Retrieved December 20, 2012, from http://www.dailycosmetic.com
- Myerson, L. (1971). Somatopsychology of physical disability. in W. M. cruickshank (Eds.), Psychology of exceptional children and Youth. Englewood cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Park, H. R. (2007b). Appearance management typology & the related factors in 20-30's male consumer. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu.
- Park, S. J. (2007a). A categorization of analysis for young maleAAAs fashion, hair, skin, body image : unified methods of contents analysis, survey and Q analysis. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chungnam National University, Daejeon.
- Shin, Y. W. (2006). A study on influencing variables of man's appearance management behavior. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Woo, J. Y. (2005). Metro-sexual trend and appearance control behavior by life-style of twenties men. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyunghee University, Seoul.
- Yoo, C. J., & Jung, H. E. (2002). Exploratory research of consumers' beauty seeking behavior ; Men's decoration behavior & women's makeup, cosmetic surgery, and fitness behavior. Journal of consumer studies, 13(1), 211-232.
- Youn, S. Y. (2007). A study on cognition and attitude toward appearance management in college women : Focused on hair, skin care, makeup, and cosmetic surgery. Unpublished master's thesis, Hannam University, Daejeon.
- A Men's Following Up Image Change and the Aspect of Ideal Appearance Type of Korean and Chinese Men -Focused on Men in Their 20s to Their 40s- vol.39, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2015.39.6.867
- Study on the Appearance-oriented, Appearance-Related Consumption Behavior according to sub-variables of Appearance Instrumentality vol.20, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.4.400