- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Systemic Pesticide Imidacloprid and Its Metabolites in Pepper using QuEChERS and LC-MS/MS
QuEChERS 전처리와 LC-MS/MS를 이용한 고추 중 침투성농약 Imidacloprid 및 대사물질 동시분석법
- Seo, Eun-Kyung (Department of Agro-food Safety, National Academy of Agriculture Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Kim, Taek-Kyum (Department of Agro-food Safety, National Academy of Agriculture Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Hong, Su-Myeong (Department of Agro-food Safety, National Academy of Agriculture Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Kwon, Hye-Yong (Department of Agro-food Safety, National Academy of Agriculture Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Kwon, Ji-Hyung (Department of Agro-food Safety, National Academy of Agriculture Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Son, Kyung-Ae (Department of Agro-food Safety, National Academy of Agriculture Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Kim, Jang-Eok (School of Applied Biosciences, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Kim, Doo-Ho (Department of Agro-food Safety, National Academy of Agriculture Science, Rural Development Administration)
- 서은경 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농산물안전성부) ;
- 김택겸 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농산물안전성부) ;
- 홍수명 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농산물안전성부) ;
- 권혜영 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농산물안전성부) ;
- 권지형 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농산물안전성부) ;
- 손경애 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농산물안전성부) ;
- 김장억 (경북대학교 응용생명과학부) ;
- 김두호 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농산물안전성부)
- Received : 2013.10.24
- Accepted : 2013.11.22
- Published : 2013.12.31
Imidacloprid is a systemic insecticide which act as an insect neurotoxin. It used for control of pest such as aphids and other sucking insects in fruits and vegetables. Systemic pesticides move inside a crop following absorption by the plant, and these were converted into a variety of metabolites. Sometimes these metabolites make a problem about safety of agricultural products. So a simultaneous determination method of pesticide and its metabolites is needed, to monitor their presence in agricultural product and study on the fate of pesticide in a plant. This study's aim is to investigate simultaneous analysis method of imidacloprid and its metabolites, imidacloprid guanidine, imidacloprid olefin, imidacloprid urea, and 6-chloronicotinic acid in red pepper using QuEChERS method and LC-MS/MS systems. QuEChERS method was modifed beacuase
Supported by : 국립농업과학원
- Carretero, A. S., C. C. Blanco, S. P. Duran and A. F. Gutierrez (2003) Determination of imidacloprid and its metabolite 6-chloronicotinic acid in greenhouse air by application of micellar electrokinetic capillary chromatography with solidphase extraction. Journal of Chromatography A. 1003:189-195. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(03)00835-5
- HuSkova, R., E. Matisova, S. Hrouzkova and L. Svorc (2009) Analysis of pesticide residues by fast gas chromatography in combination with negative chemical ionization mass spectrometry. Journal of Chromatography A. 1216, 6326-6334. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2009.07.013
- Kamel, A. (2010) Refined methodology for the determination of neonicotinoid pesticides and their metabolites in Honey Bees and Bee products by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometyr (LC-MS/MS). Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 58(10):5926-5931. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf904120n
- Koesukwiwat, U., S. J. Lehotay, K. Mastovska, K. J. Dorweiler and N. Leepipatpiboon (2010) Extension of the QuEChERS Method for Pesticide Residues in Cereals to Flaxseeds, Peanuts, and Doughs. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 58:5950-5958. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf902988b
- Korea crop protection association (KCPA) 2012. pesticide application manual. seoul. Korea. p. 622-623.
- Kwon, H. Y., C. S. Kim, B. J. Park, Y. D. Jin, K. A. Son, S. M. Hong, J. B. Lee and G. J. Im (2011) Multiresidue analysis of 240 pesticides in apple and lettuce by QuEChERS sample preparation and HPLC-MS/MS analysis. The Korean Journal of Pesticide Science. 15(4):417-433.
- Anastassiades, M., S. J. Lehotay, D. tajnbaher and F. J. Schenck (2003) Fast and Easy multiresidue method employing acetonitrile extraction/partitioning and “dispersive solidphase extraction” for the determination of pesticide residues in produce. Journal of AOAC International. 86:412-431.
- Bong, M. S., S. Y. Yang, S. H. Lee, J. M. Seo and I. S. Kim (2011) Simultaneous analysis of conazole foungicides in garlic by Q-TOF mass spectrometer coupled with a modified QuEChERS method. Korean Journal of Environmnetal Agriculture. 30(3):323-329. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2011.30.3.323
- Lehotay, S. J. (2007) Determination of pesticide residues in foods by acetonitrile extraction and partitioning with magnesium sulfate: collaborative study. Journal of AOAC International. 90(2):485-520.
- Lehotay, S. J., K. A. Son, H. Y. Kwon, U. Koesukwiwat, W. Fu, K. Mastovska, E. Hoh and N. Leepipatpiboon (2010) Comparison of QuEChERS sample preparation methods for the analysis of pesticide residues in fruits and vegetables. Journal of Chromatography A. 1217:2548-2560. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2010.01.044
- Lesueur, C., P. Knittl, M. Gartner, A. Metntler and M. Fuerhacker (2008) Analysis of 140 pesticides from conventional farming foodstuff samples after extraction with the modified QuEChERS method. Food Control. 19:906-914. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodcont.2007.09.002
- Nauen, R, K. Tietjen, K. Wanger and A. Elbert (1998) Efficacy of plant metabolites of imidacloprid against Myzus Persicae and (Homoptera : Aphididae), Pesticide Science. 52:53-57. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1096-9063(199801)52:1<53::AID-PS621>3.0.CO;2-6
- Nguyen, T. D., B. S. Lee, B. R. Lee, D. M. Lee and G. H. Lee (2007) A multiresidue method for the determination of 109 pesticides in rice using the Quick Easy Cheap Effective Rugged and Safe (QuEChERS) sample preparation method and gas chromtography/mass spectrometry with temperature control and vaccum concentration. Rapid Communication in Mass Spectrometry. 22(18):3115-3122.
- Nguyen, T. D., J. E. Yu, D. M. Lee and G. H. Lee (2008) A multiresidue method for the determination of 107 pesticides in cabbage and radish using QuEChERS sample preparation method and gas chromatography mass spectrometry. Food Chemistry. 110:207-213. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2008.01.036
- Paya, P., M. Anastassiades, D. Mark, I. Sigalova, B. Tasdelen, J. Oliva and A. Barba (2007) Analysis of pesticide residues using the Quick Easy Cheap Effective Rugged and Safe (QuEChERS) pesticide multiresidue method in combination with gas and liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometric detection. Analytical and Bioanalytical chemistry. 389(6):1697-1714. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00216-007-1610-7
- Schoning, R. and R. Schimuck (2003) Analytical determiation of imidacloprid and relevant metabolite residues by LC MS/ MS, Bulletin of Insectology, 56(1):41-50.
- Suchail, S, D. Guez and L. P. Belzunces (2001) Discrepancy between acute and chronic toxicity induced by imidacloprid and its metabolites in Apis mellifera. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry. 20(11):2482-2486. https://doi.org/10.1897/1551-5028(2001)020<2482:DBAACT>2.0.CO;2
- Sur, R., and A. Stork (2003) Uptake, translocation and metabolism of imidacloprid in plant. Sulltetin of insectology, 56(1):35-40.
- Tomizawa, M., H. Otsuka, T. Miyamoto, M. E. Eldefrawi and I. Yamamoto (1995) Pharmacological effects of imidacloprid and its realted compaounds on the nicotinic acetycholine receptor with its ion channel form the torpedo electric organ. Journal of Pesticide Science. 20:57-64. https://doi.org/10.1584/jpestics.20.57
- Xu, Y., L. F. Shou and Y. L. Wu (2011) Simultaneous determination of flonicamid and its metabolites in vegetables using QuEChERS and reverse-phase liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry, Journal of Chromatography A. 1218:6663-6666. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2011.07.058
- Development of Multi-residue Analysis of 320 Pesticides in Apple and Rice Using LC-MS/MS and GC-MS/MS vol.20, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2016.20.2.104
- Residual Patterns of Fungicides Fludioxonil and Metconazole in Different Parts of Wheat vol.20, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2016.20.4.341
- Establishment of Residue Analysis Method for Acephate and Its Metabolite Methamidophos in Winter Mushroom and Its Mediums with LC-MS/MS vol.22, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2018.22.3.245