- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Seasonal Occurrences of Insect Pests and Control Effects of Eco-friendly Agricultural Materials (EFAMs) in the Field of Lycium chinense under Environment- Friendly Management
친환경 구기자재배지에서 해충의 계절 발생소장 및 친환경유기농자재의 방제효과
- Ryu, Tae-Hee (Department of Applied Biology, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Chungnam National University) ;
- Park, Sang-Eun (Department of Applied Biology, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Chungnam National University) ;
- Ko, Na-Yeon (Department of Applied Biology, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Jeong-Gon (Department of Applied Biology, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Chungnam National University) ;
- Shin, Heo-Seob (Department of Applied Biology, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kwon, Hye-Ri (Department of Applied Biology, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Yeong-Guk (Department of herbal Crop Research, NIHHS, RDA) ;
- Lee, Bo-Hee (Cheongyang Boxthorn Experiment Station, Chungcheongnamdo Agricultural Research & Extension Services) ;
- Seo, Mi-Ja (Department of Applied Biology, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Chungnam National University) ;
- Yu, Yong-Man (Department of Applied Biology, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Chungnam National University) ;
- Youn, Young-Nam (Department of Applied Biology, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Chungnam National University)
- 류태희 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물학과) ;
- 박상은 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물학과) ;
- 고나연 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물학과) ;
- 김정곤 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물학과) ;
- 신효섭 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물학과) ;
- 권혜리 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물학과) ;
- 김영국 (국립원예특작과학원 인삼특작부) ;
- 이보희 (충남농업기술원 청양구기자시험장) ;
- 서미자 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물학과) ;
- 유용만 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물학과) ;
- 윤영남 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물학과)
- Received : 2013.10.28
- Accepted : 2013.12.03
- Published : 2013.12.31
Insect pests damages are increasing on the field of Lycium chinense under environment- friendly management Thus, we was to monitor the occurrence of pests on organic L. chinense in Chungnam Cheongyang and, insecticidal effect of eco-friendly agricultural materials (EFAMs) were tested against major pests. When the buds come out, injury by L. chinense was very high causing the high population density of Myzus persicae in late May and early June, and the injury by Lema decempunctata was increased from mid-June. Otherwise, injuries by Eriophys macrodonis, Henosepilachna vigintioctomaculata and Hedma spp. were continued throughout the growing season. From the fruit held in late July, Hemipteran insects including Plautia stali and Halyomorpba balys were sucking the fruit, and their injury to L. chinense were gradually increased. For the eco-friendly environmental control of M. persicae, L. decempunctata and E. macrodonis, EFAMs containing Sophora flavescens, Melia azedarach (Chinaberry), Chenopodium ambrosioides (Mexican tea), Quassia amara (Amargo), Stemona sessilifolia, Sophora seeds and Nepeta cataria (Catmint), were selected and used to control the insect pests. Control effects of the mixed extract with S. flavescens and Sophora seeds against M. persicae and L. decempunctata were higher than any other EFAM as 84.0% and 86.6%, respectively. In case of E. macrodonis, its control effect was good with the mixed extract with S. flavescens, C. ambrosioides and M. azedarach.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Arnason, J. T., B. J. R. Philogene, P. Morand, K. Imrie, S. Iyengar, F. Duval, C. Soucy-Breau, J. V. Scaiano, N. H. Werstiuk, B. Hasspieler and A. E. R. Downe (1989) Naturally occurring and synthetic thiopenes as photoactivated insecticides. pp. 164-172. In Insecticides of Plant Orgin. (Eds. J. T. Arnason, B. J. R. Philogene and P. Morand) ACS symposium series no. 387, American Chemical Society, Washington, DC.
- Ausher, R. (1997) Implementation of integrated pest management in Israel. In: Bemisia. 1995: Taxonomy, biology, damage, control and management. Ed. by Gerling, D.; Mayer, R. T. Andover, UK: Intercept. 171-176.
- CARES (Chungnam Agricultural Research and Extension Service) (2003) Lycium chinense Mill. 26-30.
- Choi, H. K., I. Y. So and K. H. Park (1984) Studies on the correlation between virus diseases and aphid vectors in radish fields. Kor J. Appl. Entomol. 23:28-36
- Hwang, I. C., J. Kim, H. M. Kim, D. I. Kim, S. G. Kim, S. S. Kim and C. Jang (2009) Evaluation of toxicity of plant extract made by neem and matrine against main pests and natural enemies. Kor. J. Appl. Entomol. 48(1):87-94. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2009.48.1.087
- Isman, M. B. (2000) Plant essential oils for pest and disease management. Crop Protec. 19(8-10):603-608. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0261-2194(00)00079-X
- Isman, M. B. (2006) Botanical insecticides, deterrents, and repellents in modern agriculture and an increasingly regulated world. Ann. Rev. Entomol. 51:45-66. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.ento.51.110104.151146
- Jun, H. Y., Y. D. Jang, I. S. Woo and M. S. In (1989) Life history of Lema decempunctata Gebler. Kor. Soc. Appl. Entomol. 28:38.
- Kim, C. H. (1965) The injured conditions of Eriophys kuko Kishida. Kor J. Appl. Entomol. 4:65-66.
- Kim, C. H. (1968) Some biological notes on Eriophys kuko Kishida(1) Its biology and life history. Kor J. Appl. Entomol. 5/6:59-63.
- Kim, D. H., S. Y. Lee, N. K. Kim, B. K. Youn, D. S. Jung, E. Y. Choi, S. R. Hong, J. Y. Yoon, M. H. Kang and J. Y. Lee (2011) Moderating effects of skin hyperpigmentation from Lycii fructus and Lycii folium extracts. J. Appl. Biol. Chem. 54(4):270-278. https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2011.044
- Kim, D. I., J. D. Park, S. G. Kim, H. Kuk, M. S. Jang and S. S. Kim (2005a) Screening of some crude plant extracts for their acaricidal and insecticidal efficacies. J. Asia-Pacific Entomol. 8(1):93-100. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1226-8615(08)60076-X
- Kim, S. H., S. W. Lee, I. S. Kim and M. H. Lee (1986) Colonizing aphid species and their seasonal fluctuations on some fruit trees in Suweon. Kor J. Appl. Entomol. 25:209-213.
- Kim, S. K., J. H. Jin, C. K. Lim, J. H. Hur and S. Y. Cho (2009). Evaluation of insecticidal efficacy of plant extracts against major insect pests. Kor. J. Pest. Sci. 13(3):165-170.
- Kim, T. S., T. J. An, J. K. Jung, J. K. Bang and H. G. Chung (2005b) Research for the development of repellents and pesticidal materials originated by natural products. Treat. Crop. Sci. 6:615-619.
- Korea Crop Protection Association (KCPA) (2013) Book of pesticide testing staff training. p. 529.
- Koshihara, T. (1988) Chemical control of the diamondback moth in Japan. Pestic. Infor. 53:14-17.
- Kwon, M., J. I. Kim and J. S. Kim (2010) Ecological characteristics of 28-spotted larger lady beetle, Henosepilachna vigintioctomaculata (Motschulsky) (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae) and its seasonal fluctuation in Gangneung, Korea. Kor. J. Appl. Entomol. 49(3):199-204. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2010.49.3.199
- Kwon, O. K., S. K. Lim, K. S. Seong and B. R. Choi (1997) Screening of pesticidal active compounds from various domestic wild plants. Kor. J. Environ. Agricul. 16(4):347-355.
- Lee, B. C. (1998) Physioecological characteristics and contents of components in boxthorn (Lycium chinense Mill.). Graduate School, Ph. D. Thesis, Sang Ji Univ. 3-6.
- Lee, B. H., Y. C. Park, S. S. Kim, Y. G. An and S. H. Yu (2011) Studies on outbreak of diseases and pests and effect of environmental friendly control materials in boxthorn (Lycium chinense Mill.) organic cultivation. Kor. J. Org Agri. 19(3):385-396.
- Lee, B. H., D. S. Yoon, S. W. Beak, I. S. JO, S. W. La and K. S. Lee (2000) Disease and insect pests of medicinal crops. Agrisul. Res. & Exten. Chungcheongnamdo, Test Res. Rep. 2000:453-464.
- Lee, H. C., B. C. Lee, S. D. Kim, S. W. Paik, S. S. Lee, K. S. Lee and S. M. Kim (2008) Changes in composition of gugija (Lycii fructus) species according to harvest time. Kor. J. Med. Crop Sci. 16(5):306312.
- Lee, H. S. and B. K. Chung (2011) Occurrences of major pests in Japanese apricot, Prunus mume Siebold & Zucc. in Gyeongnam Province. Kor. J. Appl. Entomol. 50(1):21-27. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2011.01.1.088
- Lee, S. H. (2010) The study on ecology of Eriophyes macrodonis Keifer and Lema decempunctata Gebler in a Lycium chinense Mill field. Dep. Plant Reso., The Graduate School, Master's Dissertation, KongJu Nat'l Univ. 49.
- Lee, S. K., J. K. Yu, I. H. Choi, K. H. Park and J. U. Lee (1994) Damage and control of Eriophys macrodonis Keifer. Book Agricul. Res. Rep. 36:362-365.
- Malik, M. M. and S. H. Mujtaba Naqvi (1984) Screening of some indigenous plants as repellents or antifeedants for stored grain insects. J. Stored Prod. Res. 20:41-44. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-474X(84)90034-1
- Park, J. H., K. Y. Ryu, H. J. Jee, B. M. Lee and H. G. Gho (2008) Evaluation of insecticidal activity of plant extracts against three insect pests. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 47(1):59-64. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2008.47.1.059
- Saxena, R. C. (1989) Insecticides from neem. In: Insecticides of Plant Origin (J.T. Arnason, B.J.R. Philogene and P. Morand, eds.). ACS Symp. Ser. No. 387. Am. Chem. Soc. Washington, D.C., pp. 110-135.
- Schmutterer, H. (1980) Natural pesticides from the neem tree. Proc. 1st Int'l. Neem Conf. pp. 33-259.
- Seo, M. J., J. K. Jang, E. J. Kang, M. K. Kang, N. S. Kim, Y. M. Yu and Y. N. Youn (2005) Feeding behavior in the plant tissues with green peach aphid (Myzus persicae, Aphididae; Homoptera) using EPG technique. Kor. J. Appl. Entomol. 44(4):271-276.
- Shim, J. Y., J. S. Park, W. H. Paik and Y. B. Lee (1977) Studies on the life history of green peach aphid, Myzus persicae Sulzer (Homoptera). Kor. J. Pl. Prot. 16(3):139-144.
- Tapondjoua, L. A., C. Adlerb, H. Boudaa and D. A. Fontemc (2002) Ecacy of powder and essential oil from Chenopodium ambrosioides leaves as post-harvest grain protectants against six-stored product beetles. J. Stor. Prod. Res. 38:395-402. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-474X(01)00044-3
- Wink, M. (1993) Production and application of phytochemicals from an agricultural perspective. pp.171-213. In Phytochemistry and Agriculture. (Eds. Van T. A. Beek and H. Breteler) vol. 34. Clarendon, Oxford, UK.
- Yang, Y. C., I. K. Park, E. H. Kim, H. S. Lee and Y. J. Ahn (2004) Larvicidal activity of medicinal plant extracts against Aedes aegypti, Ochlerotatus togoi, and Culex pipiens pallens (Diptera: Culicidae). J. Asia-Pacific Entomol. 7(2):227-232. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1226-8615(08)60220-4
- Comparison of Environmental-Friendly and Chemical Spray Calendar for Controlling Diseases and Insect Pests of Strawberry during Nursery Seasons vol.21, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2015.21.4.273
- Evaluation of Insecticidal and Antifeeding Activities of Eco-friendly Organic Insecticides Against Agricultural Insect Pests vol.54, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2015.05.0.020