- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Control effect of the Mixture of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens M27 and Plant Extract against Cucumber Powdery Mildew
Bacillus amyloliquefaciens M27과 식물천연물 혼합제에 의한 오이 흰가루병의 방제 효과
- Lee, Sang Yeob (Agricultural Microbiology Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science (NAAS), Rural Development Administration (RDA)) ;
- Weon, Hang Yeon (Agricultural Microbiology Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science (NAAS), Rural Development Administration (RDA)) ;
- Kim, Jeong Jun (Agricultural Microbiology Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science (NAAS), Rural Development Administration (RDA)) ;
- Han, Ji Hee (Agricultural Microbiology Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science (NAAS), Rural Development Administration (RDA)) ;
- Kim, Wan Gyu (Agricultural Microbiology Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science (NAAS), Rural Development Administration (RDA))
- 이상엽 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농업미생물과) ;
- 원항연 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농업미생물과) ;
- 김정준 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농업미생물과) ;
- 한지희 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농업미생물과) ;
- 김완규 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농업미생물과)
- Received : 2013.11.11
- Accepted : 2013.12.13
- Published : 2013.12.31
Bacillus amyloliquefaciens M27 was selected as a control agent for the biological control of cucumber powdery mildew. The new mixture of B.amyloliquefaciens M27 and plant (Eucalytus) extract was developed to improve the control activity of B.amyloliquefaciens M27 against cucumber powdery mildew. The mixed formulation showed the high preventive and curative control effect against cucumber powdery mildew when it was diluted at 500 times and foliar-sprayed. Its control effect was higher in preventive spraying than curative spraying. When 500-fold diluted solution of the formulation was sprayed preventively four times at five-day intervals, three times at seven-day intervals and twice at ten-day intervals, the diseased leaf area was shown to be 4.4%, 8.0%, 27.9%, respectively; Whereas the diseased leaf area in the control plot was 45.4%. When the 500-fold diluted formulation was sprayed curatively four times at five-day intervals, three times at seven-day intervals and twice at ten-day intervals after occurred cucumber powdery mildew, the diseases leaf area was 11.5%, 25.2%, 51.8%, respectively; whereas in the control plot, the diseases leaf area was 64.3%. When the 500-fold diluted formulation was treated four times at five-day intervals in the plastic house, its control effect was higher than that treated three times at seven-day intervals and twice at ten-day intervals. As the results, the mixed formulation of B.amyloliquefaciens M27 and plant extract could be a promising candidate of bio-fungicides for the environment-friendly control of powdery mildew of cucumber.
Supported by : 국립농업과학원
- Belanger, R. R., A. J. Dik and J. M. Menzies (1998) Powdery mildews recent advances toward integrated control. In: Plant-microbe Interactions and Biological Control, Eds; Marcel dekker, New York, USA. pp. 89-126.
- Borriss, R. (2011) Use of plant-associated Bacillus strains as biofertilizers and biocontrol agents, In Maheshwari DK. Eds; Bacteria in agrobiology: plant growth response. Springer Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany, pp. 41-76.
- Borriss, R., X. H. Chen, C. Rueckert, J. Blom, A. Becker, B. Baumgarth, B. Fan, R. Pukall, P. Schumann, C. Sproer, H. Junge, J. Vater, A. Puhler and H. Klenk (2011) Relationship of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens clades associated with strains DSM 7T and FZB42T: a proposal for Bacillus amyloliquefaciens subsp. amyloliquefaciens subsp. nov. and Bacillus amyloliquefaciens subsp. plantarum subsp. nov. based on complete genome sequence comparisons. Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol. 61:1786-1801. https://doi.org/10.1099/ijs.0.023267-0
- Copping. L. G. (2004) The manual of biocontrol agents. 3th edition, BCPC. UK. pp. 702.
- Endo, T. (1989) Studies on the life-cycle of cucurbit powdery mildew fungus Sphaerotheca fuliginea (schlecht) Poll. Spec. Bull. Fukushima Pref. Agr. Exp. Stn. 5:1-106.
- Erickson, E. O. and W. F. Wilcox (1997) Distributions of sensitivities to three sterol demethylation inhibitor fungicides among populations of Uncinula necator sensitive and resistant to triadimefon. Phytopathology 87:784-791. https://doi.org/10.1094/PHYTO.19184.108.40.2064
- Helene, C., B. Wagner, F. Patrick and O. Marc (2011) 13. Bacillus-based biological control of plant diseases in pesticides in the modern world - pesticides use and management. pp. 273-302. http;//www.intechopen.com. Accessed 14 October 2013.
- Kim, Y. S., J. G. Song, I. K. Lee, W. H. Yeo and B. S. Yun (2013) Bacillus sp. BS061 Suppresses powdery mildew and gray mold. Mycobiology. 41(2):108-111. https://doi.org/10.5941/MYCO.2013.41.2.108
- Lee, S. Y., Y. K. Lee, K. Park and Y. K. Kim (2010) Selection of beneficial microbial agents for control of fungal diseases in the phyllosphere of cucumber plant. Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 14(4):326-331 (in Korea).
- Nam, M., J. Choi, H. J. Kim, J. Lee, K. Lim, Y. G. Kim, H. T. Kim and Y. C. Jeun (2010) Controlling activity of Bacillus subtilis KB-401 against cucumber powdery mildew Caused by Sphaerotheca fusca. Kor. J. Pestic. Sci. 14(1):49-53.
- Romero, D., A. Perez-Garcia, M. E. Rivera, F. M. Cazorla and A. De Vicente (2004) Isolation and evaluation of antagonistic bacteria towards the cucurbit powdery mildew fungus Podosphaera fusca. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 64:263-269. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00253-003-1439-8
- Romero, D., A.de Vicente, R. H. Rakotoaly, S. E. Dufour, J. W. Veening, E. Arrebola, F. M. Cazorla, O. P. Kuipers, M. Paquot, and A. Perez-Garcia1 (2007a) The iturin and fengycin families of lipopeptides are key factors in antagonism of Bacillus subtilis toward Podosphaera fusca. Mol. Plant Microbe Interact. 20(4):430-440. https://doi.org/10.1094/MPMI-20-4-0430
- Romero, D., A.de Vicente, H. Zeriouh, M. Cazorla, D. J.FFernandez-Ortuno, A. Tores and A. Perez-Garcia, (2007b)Evaluation of biological control agents for managingcucurbit powdery mildew on greenhouse-grown melon.Plant Path. 56:976-986. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3059.2007.01684.x
- The Korean Society of Plant Pathology (2009) List of Plant Diseases in Korea, 5th edition, Eds; JK press, Anyang, Korea, pp. 853.
- Verhaar, M. A. and T. Hijwegen (1993) Efficient Production of phialoconidia of Verticillium lecanii for biocontrol of cucumber powdery mildew Sphaerotheca fuliginica. Neth. J. Path. 99:101-103. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01998478
- Wright, D. P., D. Scholes, P. Horton, B. C. Baldwin and M. C. Shepphard (1990) The relationship between the development of houstori of Erysiphe graminis and the energy status of leaves. In Current Reaserch in Photosynthesis, vol. 4. M. Baltscheffsky, Eds; kluwer academic publishers, Dordrecht, Netherands, pp. 223-226.
- Lee, S. Y., B. Y. Kim, J. H. Ahn, J. Song, Y. J. Seol, W. G. Kim and H. Y. Weon (2012) Draft genome sequence of the biocontrol bacterium Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain M27. J. Bacteriol. 194:6934-6935. https://doi.org/10.1128/JB.01835-12