- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Control Efficacy of Mixing Application of Microbial and Chemical fungicide against Phytophthora blight of red-pepper
미생물농약과 유기합성 살균제 혼용에 따른 고추 역병 방제 효과
- Hong, Sung-Jun (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science(NAAS), RDA) ;
- Kim, Jung-Hyun (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science(NAAS), RDA) ;
- Kim, Yong-Ki (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science(NAAS), RDA) ;
- Jee, Hyeong-Jin (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science(NAAS), RDA) ;
- Shim, Chang-Ki (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science(NAAS), RDA) ;
- Kim, Min-Jeong (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science(NAAS), RDA) ;
- Park, Jong-Ho (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science(NAAS), RDA) ;
- Han, Eun-Jung (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science(NAAS), RDA) ;
- Goo, Hyung-Jin (Gimpo-city Agricultural Technical Center) ;
- Choi, Kwang-Young (Pocheon-city Agricultural Technical Center) ;
- Yun, Jong-Chul (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science(NAAS), RDA)
- 홍성준 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 김정현 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 김용기 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 지형진 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 심창기 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 김민정 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 박종호 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 한은정 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 구형진 (김포시농업기술센터) ;
- 최광영 (포천시농업기술센터) ;
- 윤종철 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과)
- Received : 2013.11.12
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.31
This study was conducted to reduce the using amount of chemical fungicides for the control of red-pepper Phytophthora blight. Effect of combination application of two microbial fungicides and two chemical fungicides for the control of red-pepper Phytophthora blight was examined in vitro, in greenhouse and under field conditions. Each microbial fungicides and chemical fungicides was two-fold diluted and mixed-soil drenched. In the greenhouse pot assay, the mixed application of B. pumilus QST2808 and a mixture of dimethomorph + ethaboxam (De) among four mixed applications of two microbial fungicides (B. pumilus QST2808, P. polymyxa AC-1) and two chemical fungicides showed the highest control effect against Phytophthora blight. Also, control effect of mixed application of B. pumilus QST2808 and De was similar to that of single application of De (dimethomorph + ethaboxam) or Mo (mancozeb + oxadixyl). In the field test, when the microbial fungicides (B. pumilus QST2808, P. polymyxa AC-1) and the chemical fungicide(De) for the control of Phytophthora blight of red pepper were mixed-soil drenched four times at 7~10 day-intervals, the control values were in the range of 78.8% to 82.0%. On the other hand when each of the two chemical fungicides (De, Mo) were soil drenched four times at 7~10 day-intervals, the control value were 65.7% to 85.8%. Consequently, the mixed application of the microbial fungicides and chemical fungicides could be recommended as a control method for reducing the using amount of chemical fungicides.
Supported by : 국립농업과학원
- Bae, D. H. (2006) The disease epidemic of pepper anthracnose and importance of controlling anthracnose. Proceeding of workshop for the disease epidemic and control of chili pepper anthracnose. National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, Rural development administration. p2-7.
- Brannen, P. M. and D. S. Kenney (1997) Kodiak-A successful biological-control product for suppression of soil-borne plant pathogens of cotton. J. Ind. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 19:169-171 https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.jim.2900439
- Budge, S. P. and J. M. Whipps (2001) Potential for integrated control of Sclerotinia sclerotiorum in glasshouse lettuce using Coniothyrium minitants and reduced fungicide application. Biol. control 91:221-227.
- Choi, Y. H., H. T. Kim, J. C. Kim, K. S. Jang, K. Y. Cho and G. j. Choi (2006) In vitro antifungal activities of 13 fungicides against pepper anthracnose fungi. Kor. pesticide. Sci. 10(1):36-42.
- Duffy, B (2000) Combination of pencycuron and Pseudomonas fluorescens strain 2-79 for integrated control of rhizoctonia root rot and take-all of spring wheat. Crop Protect. 19:21-25. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0261-2194(99)00078-2
- Elad, Y., G. Zimand, Y. Zapqs, S. Zuriel and I. Chet (1993) Use of Trichoderma harziamum in combination or alternation with fungicides to control cucumber grey mould(Botrytis cinerea) under commercial greenhouse conditions. Plant Path. 42:324-332. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3059.1993.tb01508.x
- Fravel, D. R., K. L. Deahl and J. R. Stommel (2005) Compatibility of the biocontrol fungus Fusarium oxysporum strain CS-20 with selected fungicides. Biol. Control 34:165-169. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biocontrol.2005.04.007
- Jee, H. J., W. D. Cho and C. H. Kim (2000) Pythophthora diseases in Korea. Plant pathology Div. National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA p:52-58.
- Jung, W. C., T. S. Shin, K. S. Do, W. K. Kim, J. H. Lee and K. H. Choi (2006) Development of antagonistic microorganism for biological control of pythium blight of turfgrass. Res. Plant Dis. 12(3):260-266. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2006.12.3.260
- Keinath, A. P. and V. B. DuBose (2004) Evaluation of fungicides for prevention and management of powdery mildew on watermelon. Crop Prot. 23:35-42. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0261-2194(03)00165-0
- Kim, B. S., T. R. Kwon, J. E. Hwang, J. M. Lee, D. G. Park, J. H. Ahn and H. Y. Kim (2010) Resistance to phytophthora blight of commercial pepper cultivars in Korea. Res. Plant Dis. 16(2):141-147. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2010.16.2.141
- Kim, C. H. and J. S. Oh (1992) Varying sensitivity to metalaxyl of Korean isolates of Phytophthora capsici from red pepper fields. Korean J. Plant Pathol. 8:29-33.
- Kim, C. H., K. D. Kim and H. J. Jee (1991) Enhanced suppression of red pepper phytophthora blight by combined applications of antagonist and fungicide. Korean J. Plant Pathol. 7:221-225.
- Kim, C. H (2004) Review of disease incidence of major crops in 2003. Res. Plant Dis. 10(1):1-7. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2004.10.1.001
- Kondoh, M., M. Hirai and M. Shoda (2001) Integrated biological and chemical control of damping-off caused by Rhizoctonia solani using Bacillus subtilis RB14-C and flutolanil. J. Biosci. Bioeng. 91:173-177. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1389-1723(01)80061-X
- Korsten, L., E. E. De villiers, F. C. Wehner and J. M. Kotze (1997) Field sprays of Bacillus subtilis for control of preharvest fruit diseases of avocado in South Afria. Plant Dis. 81:455-459. https://doi.org/10.1094/PDIS.19184.108.40.2065
- Lee, S. J., K. K. Shim, Y. K. Kim and K. Y. Hhu (1998) Suppression of Rhizoctonia spp. by antagonistic microorganism and their compatibility with fugicides. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 12(1):23-30.
- Lee, S. Y., S. B. Lee, Y. K. Kim and H. K. Kim (2004) Effect of agrochemicals on mycelial growth and spore germination of a hyperparasite, Ampelomyces quisqualis 94013 for controlling cucumber powdery mildew. Kor. pesticide. Sci. 8(1):71-78.
- Li, X. G. and J. Choi (2009) Development of a system for controlling ginseng alternaria leaf blight to reduce fungicide application and use. Res. Plant Dis. 15(1):17-22. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2009.15.1.017
- Li. X. G., J. S. Han, X. Jin, D. Yin and J. E. Choi (2008) Control of alternaria leaf blight of ginseng by microbial agent and fungicides. Res. Plant Dis. 14(2):102-106. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2008.14.2.102
- Shim, G. Y. and H. K. Kim (2000) Control of large patch caused by Rhizoctonia solani AG2-2 by combined application of antagonists and chemicals in golf courses. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 13(3):131-138.
- Shin, J. H., J. H. Kim, H. J. Kim, Y. K. Cho, A. H. Kim, K. H. Lee, C. W. Rho and H. T. Kim (2010) Control efficacy of carboxylic acid amide fungicides against pepper Phytophthora blight causing Phytophthora capsici. Korean J. Pesticide Sci. 14(4):463-472.
- Wu, W. S., M. H. Kuo, J, Tschen and S. D. Liu (1990) Integrated control of Chrysanthemum stem rot. Plant prot. Bull. 32:77-90.
- Zhang, L. J., H. Z. Shi, J. J. Wang, S. X. Chang and S. S. Shen (2010) Selection of biocontrol agents against phytophthora blight of pepper and its root colonization ability. Res. Plant Dis. 16(2):158-162. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2010.16.2.158