- Volume 37 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study of Influence of Wheel Unloading on Derailment Coefficient of Rolling Stock
철도차량의 윤중 감소가 탈선계수에 미치는 영향 연구
- Koo, Jeong Seo (Department of Rolling Stock System, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Oh, Hyun Suk (Department of Rolling Stock System, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2012.06.19
- Accepted : 2012.09.28
- Published : 2013.02.04
A new theoretical derailment coefficient model of wheel-climb derailment is proposed to consider the influence of wheel unloading. The derailment coefficient model is based on the theoretical derailment model of a wheelset that was developed to predict the derailment induced by train collisions. Presently, in domestic derailment regulations, a derailment coefficient of 0.8 is allowable using Nadal's formula, which is for a flange angle of
Derailment Coefficient;Nadal's Formula;Wheelset;Wheel Unloading;Domestic Derailment Regulation;Wheel Load
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Korean Ministry of Construction and Transportation, 2007, "Crashworthiness Requirement for Rolling Stock Safety," MOCT Notification NO. 2007-278.
- Zeng J. and Wu, P., 2008, "Study on the Wheel/rail Interaction and Derailment Safety," Wear, Vol. 265, No. 9-10, pp. 1452-1459. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2008.01.031
- Yang, Y. B. and Wu, Y. S., 2002, "Dynamic Stability of Trains Moving over Bridges Shaken by Earthquakes," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 258, No. 1, pp. 65-94. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.2002.5089
- Cho, H. J. and Koo, J. S., 2012, "A Numerical Study of the Derailment Caused by Collision of a Rail Vehicle Using a Virtual Testing Model," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 50, No. 1, pp. 79-108. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423114.2011.563860
- Koo, J. S. and Choi, S. Y., 2012, "Theoretical Development of a Simplified Wheelset Model to Evaluate Collision-induced Derailments of Rolling Stock," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 331, No. 13, pp. 3172-3198. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2012.02.014
- Korean Ministry of Construction and Transportation, 2010, "Regulations Regarding Rolling Stock Safety Standard," Promulgation No. 280,
- Profillidis, V. A., 2006, "Railway Management and Engineering(3rd ed.)," Ashgate, Vermont, pp. 283-288.
- Shabana, A. A., Zaazaa K. E., Sugiyama H., 2007, "Railroad Vehicle Dynamics," CRC Press, New York, pp. 6-20.
- Iwnicki, S., 2006, "Handbook of Railway Vehicle Dynamics," CRC Press, New York, pp. 210-217.
- Eum, K. Y., Bae, J. H. and Choi, C. Y., 2011, "Evaluation of Train Running Safety During Construction of Temporary Bridge on Existing Railway," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 234-239. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2011.14.3.234
- Functionbay, Recurdyn, www.functionbay.com.
- A new derailment coefficient considering dynamic and geometrical effects of a single wheelset vol.28, pp.9, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-014-0809-8
- A Study on Prediction Method of Derailment Behaviors due to Cross-wind Considering Dynamic Effects of Wheel-rail Interaction vol.38, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.7.699
- A Wheel Wear Analysis of Railway Vehicle on a Curved Section vol.40, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.6.547
- A study on the optimum design of high-speed low-floor bogie with independently rotating wheels vol.31, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-017-0407-7
- Study on Mechanical Parameters of a Wheelset Influencing Derailment of Rolling Stock vol.37, pp.10, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.10.1207