- Volume 37 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study of Parts Integration in Product Including Parts having Same Function
동일 기능을 갖는 부품들이 포함된 제품의 부품 통합에 관한 연구
- Choi, Jun Ho (Graduate School of Automotive Engineering, Kookmin Univ.) ;
- Lee, Kun Sang (School of Mechanical Systems Engineering, Kookmin Univ.)
- Received : 2012.06.25
- Accepted : 2012.11.05
- Published : 2013.02.04
In general, a product consists of one or more parts. Different parts of a product can perform the same function. According to "the design hypothesis of an integrated part", parts having the same function may be integrated into one part. A part can also perform more than one function. The form or material characteristic of a part may perform its function. In this study, we develop a method for defining the functions of components and for integrating parts having the same functions. We have successfully integrated some parts of a three-hole punch using the proposed method. The results satisfy axiomatic design.
Integrated Part;Axiomatic Design;Function;3-Hole Punch
- Pahl, G. and Beitz, W., 1998, Engineering Design, Dongmyungsa, Paju-si Gyeonggi-do Korea, pp. 31-32.
- Choi, J. H. and Lee, K. S., 2008, "A Study on the Design Hypothesis of Integrated Part for Product Improvement," KSME 2008 Fall Annual Meeting, pp. 1176-1180.
- Choi, J. H. and Lee, K. S., 2010, " Study on Concept Design of the Motor Actuator of Outside Rear-View Mirror by Incomplete Coupled Design," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol.34, No. 12, pp. 1843-1848. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.12.1843
- Suh, N. P., 2002, Axiomatic Design, Dongmyungsa, Paju-si Gyeonggi-do Korea, pp. 59-85.
- Rekoff, M. G., 1985, "On Reverse Engineering," IEEE Trans. Systems, Man and Cybermetics, Vol.15, pp. 244-252
- Otto and Kevin, N., 2001, Product design, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey 07458, pp. 151.
- Chikofsky, C., 1990, "Reverse Engineering and Design Recovery - a Taxonomy," IEEE Software, pp. 2-3.
- Lee, B.-G. and Lee, J.-C., 2010, "On Improving the Reverse Engineering Process by Effectively Utilizing the Functional Models," KIMST, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 258-267.
- Stone, R. B., Wood, K. L. and Crawford, R. H., 2000, "A Heuristic Method for Identifying Modules for Product Architectures," Design Studies, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 5-31. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0142-694X(99)00003-4