- Volume 37 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study of Side Guide to Reduce Top and Tail Camber in Hot Roughing Rolling
열간 조압연에서 선·후단부 캠버를 저감하기 위한 사이드 가이드에 관한 연구
- Byon, Sang Min (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A Univ.)
- 변상민 (동아대학교 기계공학과)
- Received : 2012.06.25
- Accepted : 2012.11.01
- Published : 2013.02.04
This paper presents the results of a numerical study on the effects of a side guide on the top and tail camber. The temperature distribution on the surface of an actual hot-rolled bar was measured using a thermal imager. The measured temperatures were incorporated with finite element analysis, and the thermomechanical behavior of the hot bar was examined. The installation location of the side guide, length of the side guide, and gap between the bar and the insides of the side guide were selected as the parameters to be investigated. The results show that it is more effective to install the side guide at the position where the magnitude of the camber is larger. It is noted that a longer side guide is more effective than a shorter one in reducing the camber. It is also found that the camber decreases in proportion with the guiding gap.
Side Guide;Camber;Hot Roughing Rolling
Supported by : 동아대학교
- Shiraishi, T., Ibata, H., Mizuta, A., Nomura, S., Yoneda, E. and Hirata, K., 1991, "Relation Between Camber and Wedge in Flat Rolling Under Restrictions of Lateral Movement," ISIJ International, Vol. 31, No. 6, pp. 583-587. https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational.31.583
- Biggs, D. L., Hardy, S. J. and Brown, K. J., 2000, "Influence of Process Variables on Development of Camber During Hot Rolling of Strip Steel," Ironmaking and Steelmaking, Vol. 27, pp.55-62. https://doi.org/10.1179/030192300677372
- Hardy, S. J., Biggs, D. L., Brown, K. J., 2002, "Three-Dimensional Hot Rolling Model for Prediction of Camber Generation," Ironmaking and Steelmaking, Vol. 29, pp. 245-252. https://doi.org/10.1179/03019230225004502
- Choi, J. C., Lee, S. J. and Park, B. S., 1996, "Development of Control System for Transversal Temperature of Strips in Hot Strip Mills," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 1202-1215.
- Shida, S., 1969, "Empirical Formula of Flow Stress of Carbon Steels - Resistance to Deformation of Carbon Steels at Elevated Temperature - 2nd Report," Journal of the Japan Society for Technology of Plasticity, Vol. 10, pp. 610-617.
- Analysis of edge rolling based on continuous symmetric parabola curves vol.39, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s40430-016-0587-6