- Volume 37 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Tribological Characteristics of Silver Electroless-Plating Process According to Thicknesses Variation
무전해 도금 코팅 공정을 이용한 은 박막의 두께 변화에 따른 트라이볼로지 특성
- Lee, Hyun-Dai (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yonsei Univ.) ;
- Kim, Dae-Eun (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yonsei Univ.)
- Received : 2012.07.06
- Accepted : 2012.10.25
- Published : 2013.02.04
In this study, the tribological characteristics of silver films that were deposited on a glass substrate by electroless plating were investigated. The electroless-plating method has many notable advantages. It is easy and economical to obtain solid films using this coating process, and it can be applied to both nonconducting and conducting substrates. In this study, silver was selected as the electroless-plating material because it is one of the most common materials used as a solid lubricant. The mechanical properties of silver electroless-plated specimens were investigated for various coating conditions. The thickness of the coating could be controlled by varying the electroless-plating time. The properties of the coatings were investigated using AFM, SEM, and a tribotester.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Ku, I. S. Y., Reddyhoff, T., Holmes, A. S. and Spikes, H. A., 2011, "Wear of Silicon Surfaces in MEMS," Wear, Vol. 271, pp. 1050-1058. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2011.04.005
- Kim, S. H., Asay, D. A. and Dugger, M. T., 2007, "Nanotribology and MEMS," Nanotoday, Vol. 2, No. 5, pp. 22-29.
- Kim, H. J., Jang, C. E., Kim, D. E., Kim, Y. K., Choa, S. H., Hong, S., 2009, "Effects of Self-Assembled Monolayer and PFPE Lubricant on Wear Characteristics of Flat Silicon Tips," Tribology Letters, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp. 61-73. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11249-008-9386-2
- Miyake, S., Shindo, T. and Saito, Y., 2011, "Low Friction wear Resistant Electroconductive Gold and Silver Nanoperiod Multilayer Solid Lubricant Films," Tribology-Materials. Surfaces & Interfaces, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 114-120. https://doi.org/10.1179/1751584X11Y.0000000012
- Shancham-Diamand, Y., Inberg, A., Sverdlov. Y. and Croitoru, N., 2000, "Electroless Silver and Silver with Tungsten Thin Film for Microelectronics and Microelectromechanical System Applications," Journal of The Electrochemical Society, Vol. 147, No. 9, pp. 3345-3349. https://doi.org/10.1149/1.1393904
- Inberg, A., Bogush, V., Croitoru, N. and Shacham- Diamand, Y., 2007, "Electrochemical Study of the Mechanism of Ag(W) Electroless Deposition," Journal of the Electrochemical Society, Vol. 154, No. 1, pp. 1-4.
- Park, H. k., Yoon, J. K. and Kim, K., 2006, "Novel Fabrication of Ag Thin Film on Glass for Efficient Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering," American Chemical Society, Vol. 22, pp. 1626-1629.
- Tong, H., Zhu, L., Li, M. and Wang, C., 2003, "Electroless Silver Deposition on Si(100) Substrate Based on the Seed Layer of Silver Itself," Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 48, pp. 2473-2477. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-4686(03)00273-1
- Sasaki, S., 2010, "Environmentally Friendly Tribology (Eco-Tribology)," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 24, pp. 67-71. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-009-1154-1
- Sung, I. H. and Kim, D. E., 1996, "Experimental Study of Fundamental Friction and Wear Characteristics of Pure Metals," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A,Vol. 19, pp. 600-604.
- Kim, H. J. and Kim, D. E., 2009, "Nano-scale Friction : A Review," International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 141-151.
- Sung, I. H., Lee, H. S. and Kim, D. E., 2003, "Effect of Surface Topography on the Frictional Behavior at the Micro/Nano-Scale," Wear, Vol. 254, pp. 1019-1031. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(03)00308-9
- Shacham-Diamand, Y., Inberg, A., Sverdlov, Y. and Croitoru, N., 2000, "Electroless Silver and Silver with Tungsten Thin Films for Microelectronics and Microelectromechanical System Applications," Journal of the Electrochemical Society, Vol. 147, pp. 3345-3349. https://doi.org/10.1149/1.1393904
- Deepthi, B., Barshilia, H. C., Rajam, K. S., Konchady, M. S., Pai, D. M., Sankar, Jagannathan. and Kvit, A. V., 2010, "Structure, Morphology and Chemical Composition of Sputter Deposited Nanostructured Cr-Ws2 Solid Lubricant Coatings," Surface & Coatings Technology, Vol. 205, pp. 565-574. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2010.07.050
- Feng, Y. and Yuan, H., 2004, "Electroless Plating of Carbon Nanotubes with Silver," Journal of Materials Science, Vol. 39, pp. 3241-3243. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:JMSC.0000025869.05546.94
- Braun, O. M., 2008, "Phenomenological Theory of Kinetic Friction for the Solid Lubricant Film," Physica Scripta, Vol. 78, pp. 1-13.
- Kim, D. E., Kim, C. L., and Kim, H. J., 2011, "A Novel Approach to Wear Reduction of Micro- Components by Synthesis of Carbon Nanotube-Silver Composite Coating," CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 60, pp. 599-602. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cirp.2011.03.014