- Volume 37 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study of Prediction of Reliability of Barrel in Small Arms by Dispersion Anlaysis
분산도 분석기법을 통한 총열 신뢰성 예측에 관한 연구
- Kim, Hyun Jun (The 5th R&D Institute-1, Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Chae, Je Wook (The 5th R&D Institute-1, Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Choe, Eui Jung (The 5th R&D Institute-1, Agency for Defense Development)
- Received : 2012.07.10
- Accepted : 2012.10.17
- Published : 2013.02.04
This study proposes a method for predicting the reliability of the barrel in small arms by analyzing the dispersion. The periodicity with which the barrel needs to be changed can be determined by detecting the inner surface directly or by inspecting scratches inside the barrel using an optical sensor. However, soldiers and directors in the logistics command need a more easy way to check the periodicity of barrel. Therefore, this study focuses on the relation between the firing round and the dispersion. A simple equation can be experimentally derived from pre-tests and analyses. This equation is confirmed through firing tests. In this sense, it can be easily applied to determine the periodicity with which the barrel of small arms needs to be changed in the field army.
- Lee, H. J., 1996, "Gun and Ballistics," Cheong moon gak, pp. 91-106.
- Park, S. H., Kim, B. S. and Kim, T. I., 1999, "The Research of the Tube Erosion Mechanism and the Erosion Characteristic of CN79 Tube," Technical Report, DSTC-519-990006, Agency for Defense Development, pp. 2-11.
- Nam, S. H., Ryoo, J. B. and Kim, D. S., 2003, "The Wear of Gun Tube for XK9 Self-Propelled Howitzer," Technical Report, GSDC-419-030361, Agency for Defense Development, pp. 54-66.
- Agency for Defense Development, 1991, "RIFLE 5.56mm K2," MIL-1005-1299-1 Military Specification, pp. 11-45.
- US Army Test and Evaluation Command, US, 1982, "Testing of Barrel, 5.56mm," TOP-3-2-45 Military Specification, pp. 11-18.