- Volume 37 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of Large Propulsion Motor Bearings Considering Slope Conditions
경사조건을 고려한 대용량 추진 전동기용 베어링 개발에 대한 연구
- Oh, Seung Tae (Power & Industrial System R&D Center, Hyosung Corporation) ;
- Choi, Jin Woo (Power & Industrial System R&D Center, Hyosung Corporation) ;
- Kang, Byeng Hi (Power & Industrial System R&D Center, Hyosung Corporation) ;
- Kim, Jin (Power & Industrial System R&D Center, Hyosung Corporation) ;
- Choi, Seong Pil (Dept. of R&D Center, Turbolink Co., Ltd.) ;
- Bin, Jae Goo (Dept. of the 6th R&D Institute-3 Agency for Defense Development (ADD))
- 오승태 ((주)효성중공업 PG) ;
- 최진우 ((주)효성중공업 PG) ;
- 강병희 ((주)효성중공업 PG) ;
- 김진 ((주)효성중공업 PG) ;
- 최성필 ((주)터보링크) ;
- 빈재구 (국방과학연구소)
- Received : 2011.12.22
- Accepted : 2012.10.18
- Published : 2013.02.04
In this study, bearings were developed for a high-power propulsion motor operating in inclined operation conditions through a simulation and similitude-experimental methods using commercial rotating machinery dynamics analysis software. The developed journal bearing is electrically insulated and has low thermal conductivity because each part is connected with 2-4 -mm-thick epoxy plates. To realize an appropriate oil thickness, an oil lift system is adopted, and a half separated structure is applied to ensure the feasibility of maintaining very heavy components. This study discusses some of the key design aspects of sleeve bearing design for high-torque and low-speed propulsion motor applications. Furthermore, the conditions of variable slope tests are examined to prevent oil leakage from the bearing lip seal on the test rig.
Propulsion Motor;Journal Bearing;Thrust Bearing;Film Thickness;Power Loss;Bearing Load;Oil-Lift System
Supported by : (주)효성중공업
- Szeri, A. Z., 1980, Tribology : Friction, Lubrication and Wear, Hemisphere Pub. Co., New York.
- Pinkus, O., Stemlicht, S. A., 1961, Theory of Hydro Dynamic Lubrication, McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Michael M, Khonsari. and Richard Booser. E., 2001,Applied Tribology, Bearing Design and Lubrication, JOHN WILEY & SONS, A Wiley- Interscience Pub-lication, pp. 223-233.
- Yang, S. H., Park, C. H., Kim, C. S. and Ha, H. C., 2004, " Study on the prevention of pad fluttering with the variation of preload in a tilting pad journal bearing, " KSNVE, V14.No.4, pp.344-351. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2004.14.4.344
- Nelson, H. D., 1976, "The Dynamics of Rotor Bearing System Using Finite Element," Journal of Engineering Industry, pp. 593-600.
- Childs, D.W. and Graviss, K., 1982, "A Note on Critical -Speed Solution for Finite-Element-Based Rotor Models,"Transaction of ASME, Vol.104, pp. 412-416. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3256359
- Castelli, V. and Shapiro, W., 1967, "Improved Method of Numerical Solution of the General Incompressible Fluid-Film Lubrication Problem," Transactions ASME, Journal of Lubrication Technology, pp. 211-218.
- Park, C. J., Lee, S. W. and Kweon, K. Y., 2010, "Dynamics Analysis of the Rotor System with Consideration of Variable Speed," KSNVE.SPRING, pp. 439-440.
- Tsuneo, S., 1988, Journal-Bearing Databook, Spring- Verlag Berlin Heidelberg New York, pp.9-13.
- Hamrock, B. J., 1994, Fundamentals of Fluid Film Lubrication, 2ND Edition, McGraw-Hill, Inc.
- ARMD JURNBR Manual, 2004, Appendix A, pp. 1-6.
- vol.17, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5293/kfma.2014.17.2.073