- Volume 37 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Investigation of Mechanism of Frictional Impulse Noise in Closed Cabinet
캐비닛 구조물의 내부 마찰소음 발생 메커니즘에 관한 실험적 연구
- Lee, Dong Gyu (Graduate School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Park, Jung-Hyun (Graduate School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Park, Ki Hong (LG Electronics Inc.) ;
- Ha, Byung-Kuk (LG Electronics Inc.) ;
- Kim, Hyeong-Sik (LG Electronics Inc.) ;
- Park, Sang Hu (School of Mechanical Engineering, ERC/NSDM, Pusan Nat'l Univ.)
- 이동규 (부산대학교 기계공학부 대학원) ;
- 박정현 (부산대학교 기계공학부 대학원) ;
- 박기홍 (LG전자) ;
- 하병국 (LG전자) ;
- 김형식 (LG전자) ;
- 박상후 (부산대학교 기계공학부/정밀정형 및 금형가공연구센터)
- Received : 2012.03.21
- Accepted : 2012.11.19
- Published : 2013.02.04
A large-sized refrigerator has a complicated inner structure such as a shelf and a rack for product loading. Therefore, when the refrigerator door is opened and closed, the temperature inside the refrigerator varies and vibrations occur due to the physical force applied for opening and closing the door. Owing to these factors, an abnormal sound is generated by the relative distortion between the inner structures. In this study, we aimed to clarify the mechanism that generates this abnormal noise inside the refrigerator using experimental approaches, and we also investigated ways by which to reduce this noise. Toward this end, we developed an experimental setup for measuring the noise, temperature, inner pressure, as well as amount of vibration, and we analyzed the main factors causing the noise based on the experimental results. Furthermore, we suggested a way by which to reduce the noise; this method can be applied in the design stage itself.
Negative Pressure;Stick-Slip;Frictional Impulse Noise;Air Condensation;Abnormal Noise
Supported by : 한국연구재단, LG 전자
- Joo, J. M, Kim, J. R and Lee. D. H, 2001, "Measurement and Control of Abnormal Sound for Refrigerator," Proc. of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering Conf., pp. 380-384.
- Joo, J. M, Lee, J. W, Lee, J. W, Jeoung, J. K and Kim, Y. T, 2005, "Development of the Ultra-Silence Refrigerator with Considering Consumer's Hearing," Proc. of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering Conf., pp. 435-438.
- Choi, S. W, Hwang, W. G, Im, Y. S, Kim, H. E. and Kim, S. S, 2004, " A Study on Reduction Refrigerant Noise in Household Refrigerator," Proc. of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering Conf., pp. 1062-1066.
- Lee, C. H, Jeong, J. H. and Jeon, J. Y, 2004, " Evaluation of Indoor Refrigerator Noise in Steady- State Condition," Proc. of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering Conf., pp. 790-796.
- Lampugnani, G., 1994, "Compressor Noise Reduction on a Refrigerator" Int. Compressor Engineering Conf., pp. 753-760.
- Takushima, A., Shinobu, Y., Tanaka, S., Eguchi, M. and Matsuki, K., 1992, "Fan Noise Reduction of Household Refrigerator," IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 287-292. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.126731
- Berman, A. D., Ducker, W. A. and Israelachvili, J. N., 1996, "Origin and Characterization of Different Stick- Slip Friction Mechanisms," Langmuir, Vol. 12, pp. 4559-4563. https://doi.org/10.1021/la950896z
- Pyo, J. H., 2005, "Reduction of Frictional Impulse Noise Induced by Thermomechanical Deformations in TV Sets" Thesis, KAIST, pp. 5-15.
- Dieterich, J. H., 1978, "Time-Dependent Friction and the Mechanics of Stick-Slip," Pure and Applied Geophysics, Vol. 116, pp. 790-806. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00876539
- Kim, S. C. and Kim, S. H., 2001, "Stick-slip Friction Modeling and Performance Comparison of a Precise Linear Actuator," J. of KSPE, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 64-71.
- Park, D. I, 2005, "A Study on Correlation Between Noise Caused by Stick-slip and Friction Characteristics," Thesis, KAIST, pp. 136.