- Volume 37 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Analysis of Floating Wave Energy Generation System with Mooring System
계류시스템을 가진 부유식 파력발전기의 동적거동 해석
- Choi, Gyu Seok (Dept. of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Pukyong Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Sohn, Jeong Hyun (Dept. of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Pukyong Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2012.04.23
- Accepted : 2012.10.29
- Published : 2013.02.04
In this study, dynamic behaviors of a wave energy generation system (WEGS) that converts wave energy into electric energy are analyzed using multibody dynamics techniques. Many studies have focused on reducing the effects of a mooring system on the motion of a WEGS. Several kinematic constraints and force elements are employed in the modeling stage. Three-dimensional wave load equations are used to implement wave loads. The dynamic behaviors of a WEGS are analyzed under several wave conditions by using MSC/ADAMS, and the rotating speed of the generating shaft is investigated for predicting the electricity capacity. The dynamic behaviors of a WEGS with a mooring system are compared with those of a WEGS without a mooring system. Stability evaluation of a WEGS is carried out through simulation under extreme wave load.
Three-Dimensional Wave Loads;Wave Energy Generation System;Multi-Body Dynamics;Mooring System
Supported by : (주)그린에너지코리아
- Choi, Y. D. and Lee, Y. H., 2002, "Summary of Wave Power Generation and Trends in Industry," The Korean Solar Energy Society, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 17-24.
- Jang, J. S. and Sohn, J. H., 2011, "Dynamic Analysis of Wave Energy Generation System by Using Multibody Dynamics," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 35, No. 12, pp. 1579-1584. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.12.1579
- Jung, D. H., Shin, S. H., Kim, H. J. and Lee, H. S., 2011, "A Preliminary Design of Mooring System for Floating Wave Energy," Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environmental Engineering, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 184-191. https://doi.org/10.7846/JKOSMEE.2011.14.3.184
- Lee, J. S., 2001, "Determination of Wave Load to Evaluate the Dynamic Response of Three Dimensional Floating Objects," Changwon University, PH. D. Thesis.
- MSC/ADAMS User's Guide, 2008, MSC software Corporation, USA