- Volume 62 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Design and Drive Performance of Single-phase Hybrid SRM with Commercial Ferrite Permanent Magnets
상용자석을 사용한 단상 하이브리드 SRM의 설계 및 구동 특성
- Ahn, Jin-Woo (Dept. of Mechatronics, Kyungsung University) ;
- Heo, Jae-Hun (Dept. of Mechatronics, Kyungsung University)
- Received : 2012.11.17
- Accepted : 2013.01.22
- Published : 2013.02.01
Compared to a multiphase SRM, a single-phase SRM has some advantages, such as lower number of switches and power converter size, which leads to gradually increasing in the household appliances and industrial applications. But the torque dead zone is existed in the single-phase SRM which decreases the starting capability of the motor and increases the torque ripple. In order to solve the aforementioned problems, a single-phase hybrid SRM with commercial ferrite permanent magnet is proposed in this paper. Basic design principle for the proposed structure is described. To verify the proposed structure, FEM is employed to get the characteristics of the proposed structure. Based on the analysis, a prototype is designed and manufactured. And, the experimental system is also constructed. The validity of the proposed structure is verified by the experimental results.
Supported by : 경성대학교
- R. Krishnan "Switched Reluctance Motors Drives: Modeling, Simulation, Analysis, Design, and Application," CRC Press, 2001.
- Roland Sudler and Jean-Francois Schwab, German patent de2707684: ein phasen schrittmotor, 1978.
- Vilmos Torok, Swedish patent se467852: Elektrisk motor, 1992.
- J. Oyama, T. Higuchi, T. Abe, K. Haraguchi, E. Yamada, and F. Profumo. "Hybrid type novel switched reluctance motor," 29th Annual IEEE Power Electronics Specialist Conference, volume 1, pp. 857-863, 1998.
- Walter Wissmach. "Single-Phase Switched Reluctance Motors-Design and Application," PhD thesis, Ecole PolyTechnique Federale de Lausanne, 2003.
- Kaiyuan Lu, Rasmussen PO, Watkins SJ, Blaabjerg F. "A new low-cost hybrid switched reluctance motor for adjustable-speed pump applications," 41st IAS annual meeting. conference record of the 2006 IEEE, pp. 849-54. 2006.
- Kaiyuan Lu, Rasmussen PO, Watkins SJ, Blaabjerg F. A new low-cost hybrid switched reluctance motor for adjustable-speed pump applications. Industry Applications, IEEE Transactions on.47(1): pp.314-21. 2011.
- K.J. Binns and D.W. Shimmin. "Relationship between rated torque and size of permanent magnet machines," IEE Proceedings - Electric Power Applications, 143(6) pp.417-422, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:19960776
- Uffe Jakobsen, Kaiyuan Lu., "Flux concentration and pole shaping in a single phase hybrid switched reluctance motor drive," Applied power electronics conference and exposition (APEC), 2010 twenty-fifth annual IEEE, pp. 98-102. 2010.
- M. Tanujaya, D. H. Lee, Y. J. Ahn and J. W. Ahn, "A Novel 6/5 Switched Reluctance Motor with Short Flux Path: Concept, Design and Analysis," Journal of International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems, Vol.1, No. 1 pp47-53, 2012.
- J. H Heo, Y.J An, J.W Ahn"Design of Single-phase Hybrid SRM with Commercial Ferrite Permanent Magnets," Proc. of KIEE/EMECS Autumn Conference, pp106-108, 2011