- Volume 62 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Seamless Transfer Operation Between Grid-connected and Stand-Alone Mode in the Three-phase Inverter
3상 인버터의 계통연계 및 독립운전모드 전환 연구
- Lee, Wujong (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Cuingnam National University) ;
- Jo, Hyunsik (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Cuingnam National University) ;
- Lee, Hak Ju (Korea Electri Power Research Institute) ;
- Cha, Hanju (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Cuingnam National University)
- Received : 2012.08.10
- Accepted : 2012.12.06
- Published : 2013.02.01
This paper propose seamless transfer operation between grid-connected and stand-alone mode in the three-phase inverter for microgrid. The inverter operates grid-connected mode and stand-alone mode. Grid-connected mode is the inverter connected to grid and stand-alone mode is to deliver energy to the load from inverter at grid fault. When conversion from gird-connected to stand-alone mode, the inverter changes current control to voltage control. When grid restored, the inverter system is conversion from stand-alone to grid-connected mode. In this case, load phase and grid phase are different. Therefore, synchronization is essential. Thus Seamless transfer operation stand-alone to grid-connected mode. In this paper, propose sealmless transfer operation between grid-connceted and stand-alome mode, and this method is verified through simulation and experiment.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- Remus Teodorescu, Marco Liserre, Pedro Rodriguez "Grid Convertersfor Photovoltaic and Wind Power Systems", WILEY IEEE, 2011.
- R. Lasseter, et. al., "White Paper on Integration of Distributed Energy Resources - The CERTS MicroGrid Concept", Office of Power Technologies of the IS Department of Energy, April 2002.
- IEEE Power &Energy Magazine, may/june 2008. Microgrid
- Jae-Hun Jung, Eui-Cheol Nho, In-Dong Kim, Heung-Geun Kim, Tae-Won Chun and Nam-Sup Choi, "Seamless Control Mode Transfer of a PCS for Islanding Mode Operation" Power Electronics and ECCE Asia (ICPE & ECCE), 2011 IEEE 8th International Conference on, pp. 2658-2662, 2011.
- Hyosing Ki,, Taesik Yu and Sewan Choi, "Indirect current control algorithm for utility interactive inverters in distributed generation systems", IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 1342-1347, May 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.920879
- K. Macken, M. Bollen, and R. Belmans, "Mitigation of Voltage Dips Through Distributed Generation System", IEEE Trans on Industry Aplications, Vol. 40, No. 6, pp. 1686-1693. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2004.836302
- M.P. Kazmierkowski and L. Malesani, "Current control techniques for three-phase voltage-source PWM converters: a survey," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 45, No. 5, pp. 691-703, Oct. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/16.661230
- R. Tirumala, N. Mohan and C. Henze, "Seamless Transfer of Grid-Connected PWM inverters between Utility-Interactive and Stand-Alone Modes", Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), pp. 1081-1086, 2002.
- Z. Yao. L. Xiao and Y. Yan, "Seamless Transfer of Single-Phase Grid-Interctive Inverters Between Grid-Connected and Stand-Alone Modes", IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 1597-1603, June 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2039357
- Shengli Huang, Li Kong and Haiping Xu, "Control algorithm research on seamless transfer for distributed resource with a LCL filter", Electric Utility Deregulation and Restructuring and Power Technologies conference(DRPT 2008), pp. 2810-2814, April 2008.