- Volume 62 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Phi Directional Monostatic RCS Reduction of the Aluminum Plate using the Oscillation System
Oscillation System을 이용한 알루미늄판의 Phi방향 Monostatic RCS 감쇄 연구
- Hwang, Joosung (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Univerity of Seoul) ;
- Park, Sangbok (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Univerity of Seoul) ;
- Jang, Sunghoon (Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Cheon, Changyul (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Univerity of Seoul)
- Received : 2012.08.09
- Accepted : 2012.12.27
- Published : 2013.02.01
This paper proposes a new method that reduces RCS(rader cross section) of the aluminum plate using a oscillation system composed of a VGA(variable gain amplifier) and a phase shifter. Once the oscillation system receives the external-RF signal through a probe on aluminum plate, it makes an amplified signal with a specific phase to cancel the signal reflected from the aluminum plate. The signal transmitted from the oscillation system has the same amplitude and out of phase with the reflected signal. And it can be controlled by the VGA and the phase shifter in the oscillation system. In order to validate the performance of the proposed oscillation system, FEM simulator was used and we measured how much an amplitude of the signal reflected from the aluminum plate rotated in phi direction is reduced in an anechoic chamber.
Supported by : 국방과학연구소
- Cihangir Kemal Yuzcelik, "Radar Absorbing Material Design," Naval Postgraduate School Master's thesis, September 2003.
- Dimitris V. Dranidis, "Airborne Stealth in a Nutshell-Part I," the Magazine of the Computer Harpoon Community http://www.harpoonhq.com/ waypoint/, (Accessed February 2009).
- Federation of American Scientists Systems Asssessment Group, Missile Technology Control Regime Annex Handbook "Item 17 Stealth," http://www.fas.org/nuke/control/mtcr/text/mtcr_handb ook_item17.pdf, (Accessed February 2009).