- Volume 62 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Localization of Concentric Neutrals Corrosion on Live Underground Power Cable Based on Time-frequency Domain Reflectometry
시간-주파수 영역 반사파 계측법 기반 활선 상태 지중 전력 케이블의 중성선 결함 위치 추정 연구
- Lee, Chun Ku (Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Yoon, Tae Sung (Department of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Park, Jin Bae (Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University)
- Received : 2012.10.02
- Accepted : 2013.01.18
- Published : 2013.02.01
In this paper, we propose a time-frequency domain reflectometry (TFDR) based measurement method for localizing concentric neutrals corrosion on live underground power cable. It consists of two inductive couplers which can transmit the reference signal into live underground power cable and measure the reflected signals from the impedance discontinuities of concentric neutrals corrosion. In order to compensate the dispersion of the measured reflected signal via inductive coupler, an equalizer based on Wiener filtering is designed. To improve the localizing performance of concentric neutrals corrosion in the vicinity of the measurement point, the reference signal is removed from the measured reflected signals. The localization performance of the proposed method is verified by the concentric neutrals corrosion localization experiment.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- G. Mazzanti, "Analysis of the combined effects of load cycling, thermal transients, and electrothermal stress on life expectancy of high-voltage ac cables,"IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 2000-2009, Oct. 2007 https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2007.905547
- IEEE Standard 400, IEEE Guide for Field Testing and Evaluation of the Insulation of Shielded Power Cable Systems Rated 5kV and Above, 2012.
- IEEE Std 1617-2007, IEEE Guide for detection, mitigation, and control of concentric neutral corrosion in medium-voltage underground cables, IEEE, 2007.
- Y. J. Shin, E. J. Powers, T. S. Choe, C. Y. Hong, E. S. Song, J. G. Yook, and J. B. Park, "Application of time-frequency domain reflectometry for detection and localization of a fault on a coaxial cable," IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., vol. 54, pp. 2493-2500, Dec. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2005.858115
- J. Wang, P. E. C. Stone, Y. J. Shin, and R. A. Dougal, "Application of joint time-frequency domain reflectometry for electric power cable diagnostics," IET Signal Process., vol. 4, pp. 395-405, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-spr.2009.0137
- E. S. Song, Y. J. Shin, P. E. Stone, J. Wang, T. S. Choe, J. G. Yook, and J. B. Park, "Detection and location of multiple wiring faults via time-frequency domain reflectometry," IEEE Trans. Electromagnetic Compatibility, vol. 51, pp. 131-138, Feb. 2002.
- Eric Chassande-Mottin and A. Pai, "Discrete time and frequency Wigner-Ville distribution: Moyal's formula and aliasing," IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 508-511, Jul. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/LSP.2005.849493
- B. Parruck and S. M. Riad, "An optimization criterion for iterative deconvolution," IEEE Transactions on Instrum. and Meas., vol. IM-32, no. 1, pp. 137-140, Mar. 1983. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.1983.4315024
- Performance Comparison and Improvement of STDR/SSTDR Schemes Using Various Sequences vol.39A, pp.11, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2014.39A.11.637