- Volume 62 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Long Range Image Monitoring and Tracking System Using Laser Range-Gate Method in Inclement Weather Conditions
악천후 상황에서 Laser Range-Gate 방식을 이용한 원거리 영상 감시 및 추적 시스템에 대한 연구
- Oh, Sung-Kwun (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, University of Suwon) ;
- Yoo, Sung-Hoon (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, University of Suwon, Korea and WI-A Corporation R&D Center) ;
- Ku, Kyong-Wan (WI-A Corporation R&D Center) ;
- Kim, Su-Chan (WI-A Corporation R&D Center)
- Received : 2012.10.04
- Accepted : 2012.12.18
- Published : 2013.02.01
In case of image observation equipments, CCTV for short distance visual field is usually installed and operated mostly as the means of crime-prevention. However, the extensive demand for monitoring problems in case of the increase in intelligent crimes and disasters has led to the necessity of the development of long-distance observation equipments embedded with Night View functions. In case of the Night View equipments, the relevant market is set up to be focused mostly on Thermal Observation Device(hereinafter, TOD), but some shortcomings such as the limitation of image visibility and excessive maintenance cost, etc. have actually caused the necessity of new long distance Night View equipment. Moreover there might follow lots of difficulties in long-distance visualization in the event that irregular reflection is generated by minute particles in the atmosphere such as fog, smog, and dust, etc. These factors are motivate the work presented in this study. Our study is aimed at the realization of Pulsed Laser Illuminator and newly proposed Range-Gated image acquisition technology. And also the implementation of Tracker for continuous trace of the objects of interest from the obtained sequence images.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea
- Warren J. Smith, Modern Optical Engineering, McGRAW-HILL, INTERNATIONAL EDITIONS, 2001.
- Bertozzi, M., Broggi A., Fascioli, A., Graf, T., & Meinecke, M.M, "Pedestrain detection for driver assistance using multiresolution infrared vision," IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology, vo1. 53, no. 6, pp. 1666-1678, 2004.
- K.-M. Jung, K.-B. Sim, "Mutual Localization of swarm robot using Pariticle Filter," Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 298-303, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2010.20.2.298
- H.-C. Sung, H.-R. Byun, "Fast 3D face tracking using feature selection and particle filter," Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, vol. 36, no. 1(c), 2009.
- B. D. Lucas and T. Kanade, "An iterative umage registration technique with an application to stereo vision," International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, vol. 81, pp. 674-679, 1981.
- D. Ramanan, D. A. Forsyth, and A. Zisserman, "Tracking people by learning their appearance," IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, pp. 65-81, 2007.
- M. Isard and A. Blake, "CONDENSATION - Conditional Density Propagation for Visual Tracking," International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 5-28, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008078328650
- T. Brox, A. Bruhn, N. Papenberg, and J. Weickert, "High accuracy optical flow estimation based on a theory for warping," European Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 25-36, 2004.
- P. Viola and M. Jones, "Rapid object detection using a boosted cascade of simple features," Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2001.
- L. Vacchetti, V. Lepetit, and P. Fua, "Stable real-time 3d tracking using online and offline information," IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 1385, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2004.92
- O.Chapelle, B. Scholkopf, and A. Zien, Semi-Supervised Learning, Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2006.
- X. Zhu and A. B. Goldberg, Introduction to semi-supervised learning, Morgan & Claypool Publishers, 2009.
- K. Nummiaro, E. Koller-Meier, and L. V. Gool, A Color-based Particle Filter, 2002.
- Zdenek Kalal, Krystian Mikolajczyk, and Jiri Matas, "Tracking-Learning-Detection," IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 6, no. 1, 2010.