- Volume 62 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Low-power Heartbeat Detection Algorithm and Structure Using Modified CIC Filter Banks
Modified CIC 필터뱅크를 이용한 저전력 심장박동수 측정 알고리즘 및 구조
- Oh, Seung-Lee (Dept. of Information and Technology Engineering, Sangmyung Univ.) ;
- Jang, Young-Beom (Dept. of Information and Technology Engineering, Sangmyung Univ.)
- Received : 2012.10.08
- Accepted : 2012.12.31
- Published : 2013.02.01
In this paper, low-power heart beat detection algorithm and structure is proposed. The proposed detection algorithm utilizes filter banks to display a specific beat per minute(BPM) from the heart beat signals. Since general filter banks need a lot of computation to calculate a BPM, we propose the filter banks structure using modified CIC(Cascaded Integrator Comb) filters. It is shown that the proposed modified CIC filter banks algorithm can display the BPM from the heart beat signals precisely and efficiently.
Supported by : 지식경제부
- J. C. Lin "Microwave Apexcardiography", IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech, Vol. 27, pp. 618-620, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.1979.1129682
- S. S. Stuchly, A. Smith, M. Goldberg, A. Transnote, A. Menard, "A Microwave Device for Arterial Wall Motion Analysis," proceedings of 33rd Annual Conf Eng Med Biol, 1980.
- Y. Tin, J. Qian, J. Lu, Y. Huang, "On the operation mechanism of the microwave sensor for measuring human heartbeat and respirations", Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Sensors, pp. 565-568, Oct. 2003.
- C-C. Wang, S. Trevedi, Feng Jin, S, Stepanov, Z. Chen, Jacob khurgin, P. Rodriguez, N. Prasad, "Human Life Signs Detection Using High-Sensitivity Pulsed Laser Vibrometer", IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 7, No 9, Sep. 2007.
- J. G. Kim, S. H. Sim, S. H. Cheon, S. C. Hong, "24 GHz circularly polarized doppler radar with a single antenna", The Proceedings of 2005 European Microwave Conference, vol. 2, pp. 4-7, Oct. 2005.
- J. Y. Shin, S. P. Cho, B. J. Jang, H. D. Park, Y. S. Lee, K. J. Lee, "A Study of Noncontact Heartbeat and Respiration Detection Using the Doppler Radar", IEEK, vol. SC-46, no. 1, Jan, 2009.
- D. R. Morgan, M. G. Zierdt, "Novel signal processing techniques for Doppler radar cardiopulmonary sensing", Signal Processing 89(2009) 45-66, journal homepage : www.elsevier.com/locate/sigpro https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sigpro.2008.07.008
- S. L. Oh, H. J. Kim, Y. B. Jang, "Noncontact Heartbeat and Respiration Detection Algorithm Using FFT", Proceedings of KAIS Spring Conference, vol. 12, no. 1, May, 2011.
- E. B. Hogenauer, "An economical class of digital filters for decimation and interpolation" IEEE Trans. Acoust., Speech, Signal Processing, vol. ASSP-29, no. 2, pp. 155-162, April 1981.