- Volume 62 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Equivalent Circuit Analysis of Single Phase Induction Motor Considering Magnetic Saturation Characteristics
자기포화 특성을 고려한 단상유도전동기의 등가회로 해석
- Kim, Young Sun (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Joongbu University)
- 김영선 (중부대학교 전기전자공학과)
- Received : 2012.08.13
- Accepted : 2013.01.09
- Published : 2013.02.01
Single phase induction motor(SPIM) is used widely because it is driven by single phase source. However, the efficiency of the motor is not good due to saturation of magnetic material. To analyze the motor accurately, the magnetic saturation characteristics should be considered in analysis of equivalent circuit. In this paper, lumped parameter of circuit are derived from multi phase induction motor using method of symmetrical coordinates. Also, we presents a method for the equivalent circuit analysis of SPIM using magnetic saturation rate. The magnetic nonlinearity is considered deriving magnetizing reactance from voltage-current saturation curve. As a results, current characteristic, torque, output and efficiency are shown through analysis of equivalent circuit. A simulation results of SPIM will be used to improve the characteristics and efficiency of motor.
- Y. Kim, I. Park, and K. Lee, "Equivalent Circuit Analysis for Single Phase Induction Motor using Voltage-Current Sacturation", An autumn Conference of KIEE, Changwon, Nov. 2007.
- Y. Kim, B. Lee, and K. Lee, "Dynamic Performance Analysis of Squirrel Cage Induction Motors using Finite Element Method", The Transactions of the KIEE, Vol. 47, No. 8, pp. 1154-1161, 1998.
- Y. Kim, and K. Lee, "Current and Torque Calculation for Single Phase Induction Motor", A Summer Conference of the KIEE, Seogwipo, Jul. 2002.
- Shoji Isobe, Electrical Machine Design, Development Inc., 1988.
- Taro Hisashi Takeuchi, Electric Design for University, Dongil Press, 1994
- Kailchlro Hlrayama, "Practical Detailed Model for Generators", IEEE Power Engineering Review, Vol. 15, No. 3, Mar. 1995.
- Orlando Silvio Lobosco, "Modeling and Simulation of DC Motors in Dynamic Conditions Allowing for the Armature Reaction", IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 14, No. 4, Dec. 1999.
- Roderick N. Ebben, "Performance Curves of a Series DC Motor Predicted Using Parameter Finite Element Analysis", IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 35, No. 3, May 1999
- M. G. Say, E. Openshaw Taylor, Direct Current Machine, Pitman, 1980.
- M. Marinescu and N. Marinescu, "Calculation of Steady State Performance for Small Commutator Permanent Magnet DC Motor : Classical and Finite Element Approaches," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 2067-2071, Sep. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.179401
- M. Marinescu and N. Marinescu, "Numerical Computation of Torques in Permanent Magnet Motors by Maxwell Stresses and Energy Method," IEEE Trans. Magnetics, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 463-466, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.43957
- P. S. BIMBHRA, Generalised circuit theory of electrical machines, Khanna, 1975.
- Paul C. Krause, Analysis of Electric Machinery, McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1987.
- S. Hwang, Unified Analysis of Electrical Machines, Dongil Press, Seoul, 2003.
- John H. Kuhlmann, Design of Electrical Machines, Moonundang, Seoul, 1962.