- Volume 35 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A study on Quantitative Supply of Sewage Sludge for Co-Incineration of Municipal Solid Waste and Sewage Sludge(II) - Based on Actual Incineration Plant
하수슬러지와 생활폐기물 혼합소각시 하수슬러지 정량공급에 관한 연구(II) - 실증플랜트 중심으로
- Cho, Jae-Beom (Taeyoung Engineering & Construction) ;
- Kim, Woo-Gu (Taeyoung Engineering & Construction) ;
- Jang, Hoon (Taeyoung Engineering & Construction)
- Received : 2013.02.01
- Accepted : 2013.12.13
- Published : 2013.12.30
In this study, operation data from an actual plant in M city were analyzed to evaluate effects of water supply into sewage sludge on the co-incineration of municipal solid waste (MSW) and sewage sludge. Design capacity of the stoker incinerator is 50 m3/day. Maximum portion of sewage sludge in the total waste input was 20%. According to this research, moisture content increase up to 85% of sewage sludge could be possible by water supply on MSW input to the incinerator. Therefore, stable operation of incinerator could be achieved. As water was added into sewage sludge up to 85%, input quantity of sewage sludge to frequency (Hz) was similar to theoretical input. Also, it is concluded that stable management of incinerator without leachate combustion and damages of refractory bricks and castable could be achieved by the reduction of low heating value.
- Ministry of Environment, "Waste Management Law," (2012).
- Kim G. S., "Reduction and Reuse of Sewage Sludge," J. Environ. Hi-technol., 6(7), 10-17(1998).
- Ministry of Environment, "Guide line of Co-incineration Municipal Solid Waste and Sewage Sludge," pp. 1-3(2007).
- KAIST, "Development of Grate and supply device for coincineration of industrial waste," pp. 17-20(2002).
- Bae, S. K., "Co-incineration Municipal Solid Waste and Sewage Sludge," J. Kor. Solid Wastes Eng. Soc., 18(3), 39-48(2001).
- Heo, K. S., "A study on the characteristics of compression and pyrolysis of MSW blended with sewage sludge," Busan National University Master Thesis,(2004).
- Park, K. H., "Analysis of Operation as Co-incineration MSW and Sewage Sludge at Stoker incinerator," J. Kor. Solid Wastes Eng. Soc. Proc., pp. 697-700(2007).
- Kim, J. H., "A Study on Sewage Sludge Treatment using Spare Capacity of Existing Municipal Waste Incinerator Disposal Facilities," Hanyang University Master Thesis,(2009).
- Seo, Y. C., "Industrial Waste Treatment," DongHwa Technology Publishing Co., pp. 15-18(2000).
- Ministry of Environment, "Waste Management Law enforcement regulations," (2012).
- Ministry of Environment, "Development of Grate and supply device for co-incineration of industrial waste," pp. 184-186(2006).
- Ministry of Environment, "Guide line of Co-incineration Municipal Solid Waste and Sewage Sludge," p. 2(2007).
- Werther, J. and Ogada, T. "Sewage sludge combustion," Prog. Energy Combust. Sci., 25, 55-90(1999).
- Bensted, J. and Barnes, P., Structure and Performance of Cements, Spon Press, p. 50(2002).
- Jang, J. C., "A Study on Effect of Incineration to Mixed Incineration of Dry Sewage Sludge and Living Waste," J. Kor. Soc. Waste Manage., 3(2), 61-70(2004).
- Yang, D. J., "An Empirical Study on Co-incineration of Sewage sludge and Industrial waste using the Rotary Kiln Incinerator," Korea Polytechnic University pH.D Thesis,(2010).
- Jung, J. S. and Chin, S. M., "Study on co-incineration of Municipal Solid Waste and Organic Sludge" KOSCO Symposium, pp. 238-244(2005).
- Manufacturing Characteristics of Concrete Brick using Bottom Ash Generated from Combustion After Upgrading Treatment of Solid Refuse Fuel Residues vol.35, pp.6, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9786/kswm.2018.35.6.553