- Volume 22 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Springback Modes in the Stamping Process of an S-rail with HSS according to the Hardening Model
경화모델에 따른 고강도강판 S-rail 성형공정에서의 스프링백 모드 비교
- Choi, B.H. (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School, Daegu University) ;
- Lee, J.W. (GIFT, POSTECH) ;
- Kim, S.H. (School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Daegu University) ;
- Lee, M.G. (GIFT, POSTECH) ;
- Kim, H.K. (Department of Automotive Engineering, Kookmin University)
- Received : 2012.12.18
- Accepted : 2013.01.23
- Published : 2013.02.01
In this study, springback amounts of an S-rail are quantitatively compared according to the hardening model using a finite element simulation for the stamping process with high strength steels. For comparison of the hardening models, two types of hardening models were investigated. The two models were isotropic hardening and kinematic hardening. For the analysis with kinematic hardening, the Yoshida-Uemori model was selected. Five kinds of springback modes were measured at designated sections and a comparison was made between the experiment and the analyses with two types of hardening models. The analysis results show that the springback in the flange and the wall curl are predicted more accurately with a kinematic hardening model.
- D. G. Jeong, 2011, Analysis of Springback Mechanisms for the Improvement of the Shape Accuracy in the Stamping Process, M. S. Thesis, Daegu University, Gyeongbuk, Korea.
- K. Roll, K. Wiegand, P. Hora, 2008, Proc. NUMISHEET2008, Part B(P. Hora, W. Volk, K. Roll, B. Griesbach, L. Kessler, W. Hotz), Institute of Virtual Manufacturing, ETH, Zurich, pp. 45-111.
- ESI Group, 2011, PAM-STAMPTM User's Manual, www.esi-group.com(electronic version).
- F. Yoshida, T. Uemori, 2002, A model of Large-Strain Cyclic Plasticity Describing the Bauschinger Effect and Workhardening Stagnation, Int. J. Plast., Vol. 18, No. 5-6, pp. 661-686. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0749-6419(01)00050-X
- T. Uemori, S. Sumikawa, S. Tamura, H. Akagi, T. Naka, F. Yoshida, 2010, Springback Simulation of High Strength Steel Sheets Calculated by Yoshida-Uemori Model, Steel Res. Int., Vol. 81, No. 9, pp. 825-828.
- T. Belytschko, J. I. Lin, C. Tsay, 1984, Explicit Algorithms for the Nonlinear Dynamics of Shells, Comput. Meth. Appl. Mech. Eng., Vol. 42, No. 2, pp. 225-251. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7825(84)90026-4
- R. Hill, 1948, A Theory of the Yielding and Plastic Flow of Anisotropic Metals, Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A, Vol. 193, No. 1033, pp. 281-297. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspa.1948.0045
- A. Aryanpour, 2011, Experimental & Numerical Study of Sidewall Curl in Advanced High Strength Steels, M. S. Thesis, University of Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
- Investigation of the Prediction Accuracy for the Stamping CAE of Thin-walled Automotive Products vol.23, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2014.23.7.446
- Process Design of Automobile Seat Rail Lower Parts using Ultra-High Strength, DP980 Steel vol.17, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.2.160