- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
High-Efficiency DC-DC Converter with Improved Dynamic Response Characteristics for Modular Photovoltaic Power Conversion
모듈형 태양광 발전을 위한 개선된 동적응답 특성을 지닌 고효율 DC-DC 컨버터
- Choi, Jae-Yeon (Division of Electronic Engineering, Chonbuk Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Choi, Woo-Young (Division of Electronic Engineering, Chonbuk Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2012.09.04
- Accepted : 2012.12.04
- Published : 2013.02.20
This paper proposes a high-efficiency DC-DC converter with improved dynamic response characteristics for modular photovoltaic power conversion. High power efficiency is achieved by reducing switching power losses of the DC-DC converter. The voltage stress of power switches is reduced at primary side. Zero-current switching of output diodes is achieved at secondary side. A modified proportional and integral controller is suggested to improve the dynamic responses of the DC-DC converter. The performance of the proposed converter is verified based on a 200 [W] modular power conversion system including the grid-tied DC-AC inverter. The proposed DC-DC converter achieves the efficiency of 97.9 % at 60 [V] input voltage for a 200 [W] output power. The overall system including DC-DC converter and DC-AC inverter achieves the efficiency of 93.0 % when 200 [W] power is supplied into the grid.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- F. Blaabjerg, Z. Chen, and S. B. kjaer, "Power electronics as efficient interface in dispersed power generation systems," IEEE Transactions on Power Electron., Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 1184-1194, Sep. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2004.833453
- E. Serban and H. Serban, "A control strategy for a distribute power generation microgrid application with voltage- and current- controlled source converter," IEEE Transactions on Power Electron., Vol 25, No. 12, pp. 2981-2992, Dec. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2050006
- L. Quan and P. Wolfs, "A review of the single phase photovoltaic module integrated converter topologies with three different DC link configurations," IEEE Transactions on Power Electron., Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 1320-1333, May. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.920883
- R. C. Dugan and S. A. Thomas et. al, "Integrating Dispersed Storage and Generation (DGS) with An Automated Distributed System," IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, Vol. PAS-103, No. 6, Jun. 1984.
- L. Zhang, K. Sun, Y. Xinh, L. Feng, and H. Ge, " A modular grid-connected photovoltaic generation system based on DC bus," IEEE Transactions on Power Electron., Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 523-531, Feb. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2064337
- Y. Fang and X. Ma, "A novel PV microinverter with coupled inductors and double-boost topology," IEEE Transactions on Power Electron., Vol. 25, No. 12, pp. 3139-3147, Dec. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2087417
- W. Yu, J. S. Lai, H. Qian, and C. Hutchens, "High-efficiency MOSFET inverter with HF transformer for grid-connected photovoltaic systems," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electron., Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 1253-1260, Apr. 2011.
- M. Cacciato, A. Consoli, R. Attanasio, and F. Gennaro, "Soft-switching converter with HF transformer for grid-connected photovoltaic systems," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electron., Vol. 57, No. 5, pp. 1678-1668, May. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2032201
- C. Rodriguez and G. A. J. Amaratunga, "Long-lifetime power inverter for photovoltaic AC modules," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electron., Vol. 55, No. 7, pp. 2593-2601, Jul. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.922401
- Z. Liang, R. Guo, J. Li, and A. Q. Hung, "A high-efficiency PV module-integrated DC/DC converter for PV energy harvest in FREEDM systems," IEEE Transactions on Power Electron., Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 897-909, Mar. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2107581
- D. K. Ryu, Y. H. Kim, J. G. Kin, C. Y. Won, and Y. C. Jung, "Interleaved active clamp flyback inverter suing a synchronous rectifier for a photovoltaic AC module system," in Proc. IEEE ECCE Asia, Jeju, Korea, pp. 2631-2636, May/Jun. 2011.
- W. Y. Choi, J. S. Yoo, and J. Y. Choi, "High efficiency dc-dc converter with high step-up gain for low PV voltage sources," in Proc. IEEE ECCE Asia, Jeju, Korea, pp. 1161-1163, May/Jun. 2011.
- S. Bin and L. Zhengyu, "An interleaved totem-pole boost bridgeless rectifier with reduced reverse-recovery problems for power factor correction," IEEE Transactions on Power Electron., Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 1406-1415, Jun. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2040633
- L. S. Yang, T. J. Liang, and J. F. Chen, "Transformerless DC-DC converters with high step-up voltage gain," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electron., Vol. 56, No. 8, pp. 3144-3152, Aug. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2022512
- B. Liu, S. Duan, and T. Cai, "Photovoltaic DC-building-module-based BIPV system: Concept and design considerations," IEEE Transactions on Power Election., Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 1418-1429, May/Jun. 2011.
- S. Kai, Z. Li, X. Yan, and J. M. Guerrero, "A distributed control strategy based on DC bus signaling for modular photovoltaic generation systems with battery energy storage,'' IEEE Transactions on Power Electron., Vol. 26, No. 10, pp. 3032-3045, Oct. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2127488
- D. Velasco, C. Trujullo, G. Garcera, and E. Figueres, "An active anti-islanding method based on phase-PLL perturbation," IEEE Transactions Power Electron., Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 1056-1066, Apr. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2089643