- Volume 23 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Characteristic Study of Hingeless Blade Stiffness Reinforcement for Bearingless Rotor Whirl Tower Test
무베어링 로터 훨타워 시험을 위한 무힌지 블레이드 강성보강에 따른 동특성 연구
- Kim, Taejoo (Rotor Department in Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Yun, Chulyong (Rotor Department in Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Kee, Youngjoong (Rotor Department in Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Seung-Ho (Rotor Department in Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Jung, Sungnam (Department of Aerospace Information Engineering in Konkuk University)
- Received : 2012.07.10
- Accepted : 2012.12.11
- Published : 2013.02.20
Whirl tower test is conducted basically during helicopter rotor system development process. And for whirl tower test of rotor hub system, new design blade or existing blade which is remodeled for new rotor hub system is used. Because of simple shape and efficient aerodynamic characteristic, BO-105 helicopter blade is used for helicopter rotor hub development project widely. Originally BO-105 blade is used for hingeless hub system and blade root is used to flexure. So flap stiffness and lag stiffness at blade root area is relatively low compare with airfoil area. So, in order to apply the BO-105 blade to bearingless hub, blade root area have to be reinforced. And in this process, blade root area's section property is changed. In this paper, we suggest reinforcement method of BO-105 blade root area and study dynamic characteristic of bearingless rotor system with reinforcement BO-105 blade.
- Bielewa, R. L., Cheney, M. C., Jr. and Novak, R. C., 1976, Investigation of a Bearingless Rotor Concept Having a Composite Primary Structure, NASA CR-2637.
- Harris, F. D., Cancio, P. A. and Dixon, P. G., 1977, The Bearingless Main Rotor, Third European Rotorcraft and Powered-lift Aircraft Forum.
- Helmut, H., 1992, Will Rotor Hubs Lose Their Bearings, A Survey of Bearingless Main Rotor Development, The 18th European Rotorcraft Forum.
- Kim, D. K., Kim, M. H., Yun, C. Y., Kim, T. J., and Kim, S. H., 2011, A Conceptual Study on the Bearingless Rotor Hub System of Helicopter, Proceeding of the KSNVE Annual Spring Conference, pp. 484-489.
- KUH Main Rotor Whirl Tower Test Report, 2010, Korea Aerospace Research Institute.
- Jackson, P., Munson, K. and Peacock, L., 2002, Jane's All the World's Aircraft 2002-2003, pp. 240-241.
- Peter, G. C. Dixon, 1980, Design, Development, and Flight Demonstration of the Loads and Stability Characteristics of a Bearingless Main Rotor, U.S. Army Research and Technology Laboratories.
- Eurocopter BO-105 Report.
- Kee, Y. J., Yun, C. Y., Kim, D. K. and Kim, S. H., 2012, Dynamic Characteristic Analysis of a Bearingless Helicopter Rotor System, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering. Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 187-192. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2012.22.2.187
- Yun, C. Y., Kee, Y. J., Kim, T. J., Kim, D. K., and Kim, S. H., 2012, Hub Parametric Investigation of Main Rotor Stability of Bearingless Helicopter, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 22, No. 8, pp. 784-790. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2012.22.8.784