- Volume 23 Issue 3
Two Clinical Cases of Active Release Technique with Oriental Medicine Treatments for Sequlae of Tibial Plateau Fracture
경골 고평부 골절 후유증에 능동이완기법을 병행한 한방치료 호전 2예
- Lee, Sung-Joon ;
- Park, Jae-Hyun ;
- Kim, Byoung-Jung ;
- Kang, Jun-Hyuk ;
- Kim, Hyo-Sub ;
- Song, Byoung Jae
- Published : 2013.07.31
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effect of active release technique on sequelae of tibial plateau fracture. Two patients with sequelae of tibial plateau fracture were treated with active release technique. Visual analog scale (VAS), Lysholm knee scoring scale, range of motion were used to measure changes during treatment. After treatment, visual analog scale, Lysholm knee scoring scale, range of motion were improved significantly. Active release technique showed significant improvement to the sequlae of tibial plateau fracture that were showing no signs of improvement for twelve and eighteen weeks. This clinical trial showed that active release technique has meaningful effect on sequlae of tibial plateau fracture and more research should be followed.
Tibial plateau fracture;Active release technique;Lysholm knee scoring scale
- Watson JT, Ripple S, Hoshow SJ, Fyhrie D. Hybrid external fixation for tibial plateu fractures. Orthop Clin North Am. 2002;33:177-98. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0030-5898(03)00079-8
- Gaston P, Will EM, Keating JF. Recovery of knee fucntion following fracture of the tibial plateau. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. 2005;98(9):1233-5.
- Abelson B, Abelson K. Release your pain. 1st ed. Calgary: Rowan Tree Books Ltd. 2005:16.
- 大塚敬節. 臨床應用 傷寒論解說. 원주:의방출판사. 2004:175, 334.
- 大塚敬節. 金匱要略講話. 원주:의방출판사. 2004:119.
- Lysholm J, Gillquist J. Evaluation of knee ligament surgery results with special emphasis on use of a scoring scale. Am J Sports Med. 1982;10:150-4. https://doi.org/10.1177/036354658201000306
- Huskisson EC. Measurement of pain. Lancet. 1974;9:1127-31.
- 許浚. 東醫寶鑑. 서울:법인문화사. 1999:1040.
- Hohl M, Luck JV. Fractures of the tibia condyle. A J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1956;38:1001-8. https://doi.org/10.2106/00004623-195638050-00005
- Barei DP, Nork SE, Mills WJ, Coles CP, Henley MB, Benirschke SK. Functional outcomes of severe bicondylar tibial plateau fractures treated with dual incisions and medial and lateral plates. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006;88(8):1713-21. https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.E.00907
- Lachiewicz PF, Funcik T. Factors influencing the results of open reduction and internal fixation of tibial plateau fractures. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1990;259:210-5.
- Tscherne H, Lobenhoffer P. Tibial plateau fractures. Managemnet and expected results. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1993;292:87-100.
- Schatzker J, McBroom R, Bruce D. The tibial plateau fracture. Clin Orthop. 1979;138:94-104.
- Scotland T, Wardlaw D. The use of cast bracing as treatment for fractures of the tibial plateau. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1981;63(4):575.
- Stills M, Christensen K, Powell J, Bucholz R. Cast bracing of bicondylar tibial plateau fractures after combined internal and external fixation. J Prosthet Orthot. 1991;3(3):106. https://doi.org/10.1097/00008526-199106000-00005
- Bruce B, Alan L, Jesse J, Peter T, Christian K. Skeletal trauma. 4th ed. Philadelphia:Elsevier Inc. 2008:2124-8.
- Honkonen SE, Kannus P, Natri A, Latvala K, Jarvinen MJ. Isokinetic performance of the thigh muscles after tibial plateau fractures. Int Orthop. 1997;21(5):323. https://doi.org/10.1007/s002640050177
- Hammer WI. Functional soft tissue examination and treatment by manual methods. 3rd ed. Sudbury:Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc. 2007:713-23.
- George JW, Tepe R, Busold D, Keuss S, Prather H, Skaggs CD. The effects of active release technique on carpal tunnel patients: a pilot study. J Chiro Med. 2006;5(4):119-22. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0899-3467(07)60143-8
- Robb A, Pajaczkowski J. Immediate effect on pain thresholds using active release technique on adductor strains: Pilot study. J Bodyw Mov Ther. 2011;15(1):57-62. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbmt.2010.04.004