- Volume 13 Issue 6
A Software Architecture for High-speed PCE (Path Computation Element) Protocol
고성능 PCE (Path Computation Element) 프로토콜 소프트웨어 구조
- Received : 2013.12.13
- Accepted : 2013.12.23
- Published : 2013.12.30
With the rapidly changing information communication environment and development of technologies, the informati on networks are evolved from traditional fixed form to an active variable network that flexible large variety of data can be transferred. To reflect the needs of users, the next generation using DWDM (Dense Wavelength Division M ultiplexing) transmission system and OXC (Optical Cross Connect) form a dynamic network. After that GMPLS (Ge neralized Multi-Protocol Label Switching) can be introduced to dynamically manage and control the Reconfigurable Optical Add-drop Multiplexer (ROADM)/Photonic Cross Connect (PXC) based network. This paper propose a softw are architecture of Path Computation Element (PCE) protocol that has proposed by Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) to path computation. The functional blocks and Application Programming Interface (API) of the PCE protoco l implementation are also presented.
- K. Kompella and Y. Rekhter, "Label Switched Paths (LSP) Hierarchy with Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE)," RFC 4206, Oct. 2005.
- A. Bonerjee, J. Drake, J. P. Lang, and B. Turner, "Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching: an Overview of Routing and Management Enhancements," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 144-150, Jan. 2001.
- K. Shiomoto, E. Oki, D. Shimazaki, and T. Miyamura, "Multilayer Traffic Engineering Experiments in MPLS/GMPLS Networks," IEEE BROADNETS, Sep. 2007.
- Richard Douville, Jean-Louis Le Roux, Stefano Secci, "A Service Plane over the PCE Architecture for Automatic Multidomain Connection-Oriented Services", IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 46, No. 6, pp. 94-102, Jun. 2008.
- A. Farrel, J.-P. Vasseur, and J. Ash, "A Path Computation Element (PCE)-Based Architecture," IETF RFC 4655, Aug. 2006.
- J. Ash and J. L. Le Roux, "PCE Communication Protocol Generic Requirements," IETF RFC 4657, Sep. 2006.
- J. P. Vasseur, J. L. Roux, A. Ayyangar, E. Oki, A. Atlas, and A. Dolganow, "Path Computation Element (PCE) Communication Protocol (PCEP)," IETF RFC 5440, Mar. 2009.