- Volume 13 Issue 6
Mobile node must move optionally and perform the router and the host functions at the same time. These characteristics of nodes have become a potential threatening element of a variety of attacks. In particular, a black hole which malicious node causes packet loss among them is one of the most important issues. In this paper, we propose distributed detection technique using monitoring tables in all node and cooperative detection technique based cluster for an efficient detection of black hole attack. The proposed technique performs by dividing into local detection and cooperative detection process which is composed of process of step 4 in order to improve the accuracy of the attack detection. Cluster head uses a black hole list to cooperative detection. The performance of the proposed technique was evaluated using ns-2 simulator and its excellent performance could be confirmed in the experiment result.
- M. Abolhasan, T. Wysocki, E. Dutkiewicz, "A Review of Routing Protocols for Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks," Telecommunication and Infromation Research Institute University of Wollongong, Australia, June, 2003.
- H. Deng, W. Li and D. P. Agrawal, "Routing Security in Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks," University of Cincinnati, IEEE Communication Magzine, Oct, 2002.
- Latha Tamilselvan, V sankaranarayanan, "Prevention of Blackhole Attack in MANET". In Proceedings of The 2nd International Conference on Wireless Broadband and Ultra Wideband Communications, pp.21-21, 2007.
- W. Wang, Y. Lu, and B. K. Bhargava, "On vulnerability and protection of ad hoc on-demand distance vector protocol," in The 10th International Conference on Telecommunications, Vol. 1, pp.375-382, 2003.
- B. Wu et al., "A Survey of Attacks and Countermeasures in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," Wireless/Mobile Network Security, Springer, vol. 17, 2006.
- S. Lu, L. Li, K.Y. Lam, L. Jia, "SAODV: A MANET Routing Protocol that can Withstand Black Hole Attack.," International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Security, 2009.
- Y-C Hu and A. Perrig, "A Survey of Secure Wireless Ad Hoc Routing," IEEE Sec. and Privacy, May-June 2004.