- Volume 13 Issue 6
Cyberspace, based on the dramatic development of information and communications technology, has brought enormous benefits to mankind. However, concerns over cyber terrorism and cyber attack are becoming serious. It is time to expand the global dialogue on international security issues in cyberspace. It is imperative to have a common understanding that cyberspace, the infrastructure for prosperity, should not be utilized as a space to create conflicts among states, and that all states agree to build confidence and peace in cyberspace. For this purpose, there are 3 tracks of international cooperations: 1)international cooperation such as UN and Conference on Cyberspace, 2)regional cooperations such as ARF and OSCE. 3)bilateral cooperations such US-Russia Cybersecurity Agreement, US-China presidential level dialogue. This paper will analyze the 1st track of international cooperations of UN and Conference on Cyberspace. With this, Korean government can prepare the forthcoming GGE activities and make our own strategy to deal with the global norms of good behaviour in cyberspace.
- Richard A. Clarke and Robert Knake, Cyber War : The Next Threat to national Security and What to Do About It, Harper Collins, 2010.
- 한인택, "사이버 시대의 국가 안보", 제주평화연구원, JPI PeaceNet 2013-04, 2013. 3.
- OSCE Decision No. 1039, "Development of Confidence-building Measures to reduce the risks of conflict stemming from the use of information and communication technologies, PC.DEC/1039, 2012. 4. 26.
- ARF, "Co-Chair's Summary Report of the ARF Seminar on Confidence Building Measures in Cyberspace", Seoul, Republic of Korea, 11-12 September 2012
- Karina G. Ibrahim, "From Arms Race to Cyber-Space: U.S.-Russian Relations and the Prospects of Cyber Warfare", 2013. 7.
- Enneken Tikk-Ringas, "Developments in the Field of Information and Telecommunications in the context of international security: Work of the UN first Committee, 1998-2012", ICT for Peace Foundation, 2012.
- United Nations General Assembly, Resolution 53/70, ''Developments in the field of information and telecommunications in the context of international security," A/RES/53/70, January 4, 1999
- Tim Maurer, "Cyber Norm Emergence at the United Nations - An Analysis of the Activities at the UN Regarding Cyber Security", Harvard Kennedy School Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, 2011. 9.
- 김소정, "오바마 정부의 사이버안보 정책 추진현황과 정책적 함의" 외교안보연구 제7권 제2호, 2011.12.
- 김소정, 제주평화연구원 JPI Peace-Net 2003-17, "사이버안보 국제협력과 국가전략", 2013. 7. 24.
- UN GGE Report, A/68/98, 2013.
- 서울 사이버스페이스 총회 홈페이지 http://www.seoulcyber2013.kr
- Preparatory Secretariat for Seoul conference on Cyberspace 2013, "Workshop Report : The Pre-workshop on International Security for Seoul Conference on Cyberspace 2013", 2013. 7.
- Daniel Stauffacher, Camino Kavanagh, "Confidence Building Measures and International Cyber Security", ICT4Peace Foundation, 2013. 7.
- Preparatory Secretariat for Seoul conference on Cyberspace 2013, "Seoul Framework for and Commitment to an Open and Secure Cyberspace", 2013. 10.
- Preparatory Secretariat for Seoul conference on Cyberspace 2013, "Best Practices", 2013. 10.
- White House, Presidential Policy Directive 21, "Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience", 2013. 2.