- Volume 4 Issue 2
The purpose of this study is to examine the changes on lumbar muscle strength in relation to 12-week pilates mat exercise of elderly women. The participants are chosen for 17 people who is an experimental group and 14 people who is an comparison group who except wastage and pilates mat exercise program was gradually intensify applied three times a week, during 12 weeks. The peak torque of flexion was increased(p<.01) and the difference of ratio of agonist to antagonist was decreased(p<.001). The total work of flexion and extension had significant increased(p<.001) at
Pilates Mat Exercise;Physical Fitness;Body Composition;Lumbar Muscle Strength
- Korean National Statistical Office. The Results Statistical Death and Cause of Death. 2010.
- Ministry of health and welfare. Plan for aging society and population. 2009.
- Spirduso WW, Francis K, Eakin T, Stanford C. Quantification of manual for cecontrol and tremor. J Mot Behav 2005; 37(3): 197-210. https://doi.org/10.3200/JMBR.37.3.197-210
- American College of Sports Medicine. Current Comment from the ACSM. American college of sports medicine. 2000.
- American College of Sports Medicine. ACSM's guidelines for exercise testing and prescription (8thed) Lippincott, MD: Lippincott Williams& Wilkins. 2010.
- Lange C, Unnithan V, Larkam E, Latta PM. Maximizing the benefits of Pilates-inspired exercise for learning functional motor skills. Journal of Body work and Movement Therapies 2000; 4(2): 99-108. https://doi.org/10.1054/jbmt.1999.0161
- Lee JS. The comparison between exercise intensity and quantity according to the diverse forms of pilates. Kyunghee University. Master's Thesis; 2011
- Kim SY. The effect of phylates mat exercise of middle-aged womens' physical strength and composition. Daejeon University. Master's Thesis; 2005.
- Lee SH. The effect of pilates on scoliosis and physical fitness inelementary school students. Donga University. Master's Thesis; 2007.
- Lee SH. Effects of pilates exercise on body composition, health related physical fitness and blood lipid factors in adult women. Daegu Catholic University. Master's Thesis; 2011.
- Shim SY. The effects of pilates on cholesterol, CRP and leptin in obese adults men. Daegu University. Master's Thesis; 2010.
- Cathleen Murakami. Morning Pilates workouts: Enhance Your Morning Mat Work with Programs for Every Schedule. HUMAN KINETICS. 2006.
- Yang HJ. The effect of pilates mat exercise on scoliosis and physical fitness in university sutdent's. Cheongju University. Master's Thesis; 2010.
- Kim SH. Effect on muscular strength of the ballet dancer's waist through application of pilates method. Suwon University. Master's Thesis; 2007.
- Chae BH. Effect of pilates mat exercise in old aged women with low back pain on lumbar muscular strength, pain scale and body composition. Daejeon University. Master's Thesis; 2007.
- Hwang JS. The effect of core stability exercsie in the water on vertebra posture and lumbar strength in the female elderly. Korea National Sport University. Master's Thesis; 2007.
- Han JW, Lee SS, Jee YS, Seo KH, Kim NS, Song BD, The effects of aerobic exercise on body composition, isokinetic knee and trunk muscular strength of elders. Journal of sport and leisure studies 2000; 13(1): 411-423.