- Volume 9 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis on Particle Cleaning Capacity of Indoor Air Cleaners for Different Flow Rates Considering Energy Consumption
에너지소비를 고려한 실내공기청정기의 풍량별 입자 청정화능력 분석
- Han, Bangwoo (Environmental and Energy Systems Research Division, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials(KIMM)) ;
- Kang, Ji-Su (Environmental and Energy Systems Research Division, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials(KIMM)) ;
- Kim, Hak-Joon (Environmental and Energy Systems Research Division, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials(KIMM)) ;
- Kim, Yong-Jin (Environmental and Energy Systems Research Division, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials(KIMM)) ;
- Won, Hyosig (R&D Department, ZiHOM)
- 한방우 (한국기계연구원 환경에너지기계연구본부) ;
- 강지수 (한국기계연구원 환경에너지기계연구본부) ;
- 김학준 (한국기계연구원 환경에너지기계연구본부) ;
- 김용진 (한국기계연구원 환경에너지기계연구본부) ;
- 원효식 ((주)지홈 기술연구소)
- Published : 2013.09.30
The performances of indoor air cleaners including particle cleaning capacity and collection efficiency are usually tested at the condition of the maximum air flow rate of the air cleaners. However, the power consumption of the air cleaners is highly dependent on the air flow rate of the individual air cleaners. Therefore, there seems to be an optimized air flow rate for the air cleaning capacity considering power consumption. In this study, clean air delivery rate(or standard useful area as suggested room size) and power consumption have been investigated for different maximum air flow rates of 15 air cleaners and then compared those for different air flow rate modes of the individual 5 air cleaners selected from the 15 cleaners. For the maximum air flow rate conditions of 15 air cleansers, the power consumption per unit area was less related to the maximum air flow rate. However, for the different air flow rate modes of the selected 5 air cleaners, the lower power consumption per unit area was corresponding to the lower air flow rate mode of the individual air cleaners. When considering the operation time to the desired particle concentrations, there was an optimized one in the medium air flow rate modes for the individual air cleaners. Therefore, not only the maximum air flow rate but also lower air flow rates of individual air cleaners should be considered for estimating air cleaning capacity based on energy consumption per unit area.
- 지식경제부고시 제2012-320호, 효율관리기자재 운용규정, 2012. 12. 27
- ANSI/AHAM AC-1-2006, Method for measuring performance of portable household electric room air cleaners. Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM); 2006.
- Chen, C., Zhao, B., Cui, W., Dong, L., An, N. and Ouyang, X.(2010) The effectiveness of an air cleaner in controlling droplet/aerosol particle dispersion emitted from a patient's mouth in the indoor environment of dental clinics, Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 7(48), 1105-1118. https://doi.org/10.1098/rsif.2009.0516
- Draper, N. and Smith, H. (1981) Applied Regression Analysis, Wiley, New York
- Emmerich S. J. and Nabinger S. J. (2001) Measurement and simulation of the IAQ impact of particle air cleaners in a single-zone building, HVAC&R Research, 7(3), 223-244 https://doi.org/10.1080/10789669.2001.10391272
- Huh, J.-H and Sohn, J.-Y. (1997) A computer simulation model for the optimization of air-conditioning system operating strategies, Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 13(5), 197-207.
- Kim, H.J. Han, B., Kim, Y.J., Yoon, Y.-H. and Oda, T. (2012) Efficient test method for evaluating gas removal performance of room air cleaners using FTIR measurement and CADR calculation, Build. Environ., 47, 385-393. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2011.06.024
- Kim, Y.-J., Han, B., Kim, H.-J., Jang, S.-K. and Lee, W.-S. (2006) Performance characteristics of air cleaners based on the particle cleaning types, Particle and Aerosol Research, 2(3-4), 153-161.
- Kwak, H.C., Jung, Y.Y., Kim, J.C., Pang, S.K. and Sohn, J.R. (2009) The field performance of removal efficiency on the indoor air pollutant using air cleaner in small-sized crowd facilities, Journal of the Korean Society of Living Environmental System, 16(6), 692-699.
- Lee, T.H., Kim, Y.S., Hong, S.C., Lee, C.M., Kim, J.C., Jeon, H.J. and Kim J.H. (2005) Efficiency of removal for indoor air pollutants by air cleaners in the indoor environments, Journal of the Korean Environmental Sciences Society, 14(5), 491-497.
- Lin, L.-Y., Chuang, H.-C., Liu, I.-J., Chen, H.-W. and Chuang, K.-J. (2013) Reducing indoor air pollution by air conditioning is associated with improvements in cardiovascular health among the general population, Science of The Total Environment, 463-454(1), 176-181.
- Novoselac A. and Siegel J.A. (2009) Impact of placement of portable air cleaning devices in multizone residential environments, Building and Environment, 44, 2348-2356. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2009.03.023
- Park, H.J., Kwon, J.-T., Sohn, J.-R., Woo, W.-G. and Kim, K.-K. (2011) Performance evaluation on the removal efficiency of indoor air pollutants in apartments by air cleaner, Journal of Korea Society of Environmental Administration, 17(2), 105-116.
- SPS-KACA002-132 (2006) Indoor air cleaner, Korea Air Cleaning Association Standard
- Waring M.S., Siegel J.A. and Corsi R.L. (2008) Ultrafine particle removal and generation by portable air cleaners, Atmospheric Environment, 42, 5003-5014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2008.02.011
- Yu K., Lee W., Huang W., Wu C. and Lou C. (2006) Effectiveness of photocatalytic filter for removing volatile organic compounds in the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system, Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 56, 666-74. https://doi.org/10.1080/10473289.2006.10464482