- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Study on Automation for Verification of Naval Ship's Operational Scenarios using Simulation: Focusing on Crew Messroom Case
시뮬레이션을 이용한 함정 운용 시나리오 검증 자동화 연구: 승조원을 고려한 Crew Messroom 운용성 검증을 중심으로
- Received : 2012.11.21
- Accepted : 2013.02.08
- Published : 2013.02.28
The Korea Navy has been making constant efforts to apply M&S (modeling and simulation) to naval ship development, and the generalization of M&S for ship development is a trend. M&S for ship design is used for the V&V (verification and validation) of its design and operation, including design verification and ergonomic design that considers the crew using the Naval Ship Product Model. In addition, many parts of this M&S are repeatedly accomplished regardless of the kinds of ships. This study aims to standardize M&S, which repeatedly applies similar verifications for operation scenarios. A congestion assessment simulation for the major spaces of ships was the subject of the standardization based on the leading research results of various researchers, and a simulation automation solution was suggested. An information model using XML was proposed through the simulation automation concept, and a prototype system based on it was implemented. The usability was shown through a case study that verified the operability performance of the crew messroom.
Simulation based acquisition;Acquisition M&S;Ergonomic design;Discrete event simulation
- Defense Acquisition Program Administration, 2010. Statement of M&S based Weapon System Acquisition 2010(32) [Online] (Updated September 2010) Available at: http://law.go.kr/ [Accessed December 2012]
- Lee, C.M., Lee, H.J., Hwang, H.J., Mun, D.H., 2007. Study on the Use of Modeling and Simulation(M&S) to Support the acquisition of Naval Ships. Proceedings of the 2007 Society of Cadcam Engineers Conference, PyungChang Korea, 217-227.
- Lee, J.Y, Kang, H.S., Noh, S.D., Woo, J.H., Lee. P., 2011. NESIS: A Neutral Schema For A Web-Based Simulation Model Exchange Service Across Heterogeneous Simulation Software. International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 24(10), 948-969. https://doi.org/10.1080/0951192X.2011.608726
- Lu, F.R., Qiao, G., Mclean, C., 2003. NIST XML Simulation Interface Specification At Boeing: A Case Study. Proceedings of the 2003 Winter Simulation Conference, Atlanta USA, 1230-1237.
- Oh, D.K., 2008. A Naval Ship Product Model and its Management System supporting Simulation-based Acquisition for Naval Ships. Thesis of Ph.D., Dept. of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Seoul National University.
- Oh, D.K., Lee, D.K., 2010. A Simulation Case Study of Congestion Assessment for Validation of Naval Ship's Operability Performance in a Crew Mess Room. Journal of the Korea Society for Simulation, 19(4), 31-41.