- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis on Temperature Change of Super Changer for the Reduction of Auto Exhausts Gas
자동차 배출가스 저감을 위한 과급기의 온도변화 해석
Lee, Jong-Ho;Kim, Sung-Won;Yoon, Han-Ki
- Received : 2012.11.20
- Accepted : 2013.02.20
- Published : 2013.02.28
Regulations on exhaust emissions for vehicles and ships are reinforced. Therefore, researchers are focus on developing an excellent engine that emits less environmental pollutants and leads to high gas milage. The purpose of this study is to investigate the efficiency of intake super charging system. Super charger is the special device for improving performance of intake system. Futhermore, for reducing exhaust emissions, the examine are performed on the effectiveness of device structures that tow materials for performance improvement. To fulfill the purpose, Super charger materials of aluminum alloy(AL6262) and polycarbonate were selected and then their temperature change of super charger and inhalation efficiency were analyzed by ANSYS program. In addition, it is attempted to apply these results to device development by comparing the results with the real value. As a result, there was less temperature change of super charger in aluminum materials than polycarbonate, and HC and NOx were decreased when the super charger was installed.
Super charger;Aluminum alloy;Polycarbonate
- Beard, R.A., Smith, G.J., 1971. A Method of Calculating the Heat Dis sipation from Radiator s to Cool Vehicle Engines. SAE, 710208.
- Cho, G.Y., 2001. The Effect of Sction Air Temperature Change on the Performance and Exhaust Gas Characteristics of Gasoline Engine. Master Thesis, Chinju National University, 2, 21-25
- Hong, Y.J., Choi, D.S., Jung ,Y.C., Kim, J.I., 2011. Heat Flow Analysis of Automobile Exhaust Heat Recovery System. Transactions of Korea Society of Automotive Engineers, 5, 73- 77.
- Kim, S.H., 2001. Analysis of Combustion Characteristics by Die sel Engine. Master Thesis, Kumoh National University, pp 29-38.
- Lee. W.S., Kim. K.S., Kim. T.H., Lee, D.H., 1999. A Study on the Nox Emission of the Turbulent Diffusion Flame Formed behind the After Burner. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Techanology, 13(3), 22-28.
- Song, T.H., Lee, H.J., Choi, Y.B., Kim, S.J., Park, W.J., 2008. Fabrication and Wear Property Evaluation for FeCrSi/AC8A Composite by Low-pressure Infiltration. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Techanology, 22(5), 106-111.