- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Sensorless Starting Method and Fuel Pressure Control of BLDC Motor for Fuel Pump of Vehicle
자동차 연료 펌프용 BLDC 모터의 센서리스 기동 및 연료 압력 제어
- Chang, Jin-Wook (R&D Center of Hyundam Ind. Co., Ltd.) ;
- Yoon, Duck-Yong (College of Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2012.05.23
- Accepted : 2012.08.03
- Published : 2013.03.01
High efficiency operation is required for motors of vehicle to increase fuel efficiency due to the regulation of exhaust gas. This paper presents a control method of fuel pressure to increase fuel efficiency and a sensorless control method of BLDC motor to get higher efficiency than conventional brushed DC motor. Initial rotor position of BLDC motor is detected from current value that is occurred by test voltage pulse and rotor is accelerated by defined sequence to enter sensorless operation mode. The algorithm to control flow rate of fuel pump uses PI controller that is control motor speed to maintain the target fuel pressure commanded by ECU.
- P. S. Choi, D. M. Ryoo, B. Y. Ryu, Y. D. Lee and J. W. Jang, "A Variable Fuel Pressure System Development for Improvement of Fuel Efficiency and Performance of GDI Engine," KSAE Annual Conference Proceedings, pp.939-943, 2011.
- S. H. Lee, S. B. Lee and and C. H. Park, "A Study on the Signal Processing Method for the Hall Sensorless Position Control of ETC Control System Using a BLDC Motor," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.16, No.5, pp.92-99, 2008.
- W. J. Lee and S. K. Sul, "A New Starting Method of Brushless DC Motor without Position Sensor," KIPE Power Electronics Annual Conference, pp.646-650, 2004.
- G. H. Jang, J. H. Park and J. H. Chang, "Position Detection and Start-up Algorithm of a Rotor in a Sensorless BLDC Motor Utilising Inductance Variation," IEEE Proc. Electric Power Application, Vol.149, No.2, pp.137-142, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:20020022
- S. Y. Kim, T. Q. Vinh, T. W. Chun, H. G. Kim and E. C. Nho, "Sensorless Control Method of BLDC for Fuel Pump," KIPE Power Electronics Annual Conference, pp.672-674, 2009.
- A Study on Reliability Improvement of BLDC Motor for Combat Vehicle in High Temperature Environment vol.17, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.5.097