- Volume 7 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Patient Exposure Doses from the Panoramic Radiography using Dentistry
치과 파노라마 촬영에서 환자의 피폭선량에 관한 연구
- Park, Ilwoo (Department of Radiological Science, Dongeui University) ;
- Jeung, Wonkyo (Department of Radiological Science, Dongeui University) ;
- Hwang, Hyungsuk (Department of Radiological Science, Dongeui University) ;
- Lim, Sunghwan (Department of Radiological Science, Dongeui University) ;
- Lee, Daenam (Department of Radiological Science, Dongeui University) ;
- Im, Inchul (Department of Radiological Science, Dongeui University) ;
- Lee, Jaeseung (Department of Radiological Science, Dongeui University) ;
- Park, Hyonghu (Department of Radiology, Bongseng Memorial Hospital) ;
- Kwak, Byungjoon (Department of Public Health, Daegu Hanny University) ;
- Yu, Yunsik (Department of Radiological Science, Dongeui University)
- 박일우 (동의대학교 방사선학과) ;
- 정원교 (동의대학교 방사선학과) ;
- 황형석 (동의대학교 방사선학과) ;
- 임성환 (동의대학교 방사선학과) ;
- 이대남 (동의대학교 방사선학과) ;
- 임인철 (동의대학교 방사선학과) ;
- 이재승 (동의대학교 방사선학과) ;
- 박형후 (봉생병원 영상의학과) ;
- 곽병준 (대구한의대학교 보건학부) ;
- 유윤식 (동의대학교 방사선학과)
- Received : 2012.11.06
- Accepted : 2013.02.22
- Published : 2013.02.28
This study estimate radiation biological danger factor by measuring patient's exposed dose and propose the low way of patient's exposed dose in panoramic radiography. We seek correcting constant of OSL dosimeter for minimize the error of exposed dose's measurement and measure the Left, Right crystalline lens, thyroid, directly included upper, lower lips, the maxillary bone and the center of photographing that indirect included in panoramic radiography by using the human body model standard phantom advised in ICRP. In result, the center of photographing's level of radiation maximum value is
- Korea Food and Drug Adiminizatration (KFDA), "Radiation Health Newsletter, No.65", Vol.1 8, No. 4, pp.1-12, 2011.
- National Research Council (NRC), "Committee to Assess Health Risks from Exposure to Low Levels of Ionizing Radiation: BEIR VII phase 2", Washington DC, National Academies Press, 2006.
- United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR), "Effect of Ionizing Radiation", UNSCEAR 2006 Report, Vienna, United Nations, 2006.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP), "The 2007 Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection", ICRP Publication 103, 2007.
- Y. Fukushima, Y. Tsushima, H. Takei, A. Taketomi-Takahashi, H. Otake, K. Endo, "Diagnostic reference level of computed tomography (CT) in japan", Radiat. Prot. Dosimetry, Vol. 151, No. 1, pp.51-57, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/ncr441
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), "International Basic Safety Standards for Protection against Ionizing Radiation and for the Safety of Radiation sources", IAEA Safety Series No. 115, 1996.
- D. Hart, M. C. Hillier, B. F. Wall, "Doses to Patients from Radiographic and Fluoroscopic X-ray Imaging Procedures in the UK: 2005 Review", HPA-RPD-029, 2007.
- K. Nishizawa, T. Maruyama, M. Takayama, M. Okada, J. Hachiya, Y. Furuya, "Determinations of organ doses and effective dose equivalents from computed tomographic examination", Br. J. Radiol., Vol. 64, No. 757, pp.20-28, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1259/0007-1285-64-757-20
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). "Absorbed Dose Determination in External Beam Radiotherapy. An International Code of Practice for dosimetry Based on Standards of Absorbed Dose to Water" IAEA report series No. 398, Vienna, MD, 2001.
- E. K. Kim, W. J. Han, G. C. Chung, Y. H. Jung, S. J. Yoon, J. S. Lee, H. J. Kim, "Development of Diagnostic Reference Level in Dental X-ray Examination in Korea", KFDA Research Project Report, pp. 35, 2009.
- R. L. Mini, P. Vock, R. Mury, P. P. Schneeberger, "Radiation Exposure of Patients Who Undergo CT of the Trunk", Radiology, Vol .195, No. 2, pp.557-562, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiology.195.2.7724783
- K. Nishizawa, T. Maruyama, M. Takayama, K. Iwai, Y. Furuya, "Estimation of Effective Dose from CT Examination", Nihon. Igaku. Hoshasen. Gakkai. Zasshi., Vol.55, No.11, pp.763-768, 1995.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP), "Basic Anatomical and Physiological Data for Use in Radiological Protection: Reference Values", ICRP Publication 89, 2002.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP), "The 1990 Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection", ICRP Publication 60, 1991.
- A. Brindhaban, C. U. Eze, "Estimation of radiation dose during diagnostic X-ray examinations of newborn babies and 1-year-old infants", Med. Princ. Pract., Vol.15, No.4, pp.260-265, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1159/000092987
- L. M. Rozhdestvenskii, "The threshold for radiation stochastic effects: arguments "pro" and "contra". Applied realization", Radiats. Biol. Radioecol., Vol.51, No.5, pp.576-594, 2011.
- G, Kaeppler, M. Buchgeister, S. Reinert, "Influence of the rotation centre in panoramic radiography", Radiat. Prot. Dosimetry, Vol.128, No.2, pp.239-244, 2008.
- S. C. Choi, "Difference in radiation absorbed dose according to the panoramic radiographic machines", Korean J. Oral. Maxillofacial. Radio., Vol.30, No.1, pp.11-15, 2000.
- P. K. Kuba, J. O. Beck, "Radiation dosimetry in Panorex roentgenography. Part 3, Radiation dose measurements", Oral Surg. Oral Med. Oral Pathol., Vol.25, No.3, pp.393-404, 1968. https://doi.org/10.1016/0030-4220(68)90014-5
- H. Kato, S. Fujii, S. Suzuki, "Method of calculating percentage depth dose for diagnostic X-rays", Nihon. Hoshasen. Gijutsu. Gakkai. Zasshi., Vol.60, No.8, pp.1107-1115, 2004. https://doi.org/10.6009/jjrt.KJ00000922571
- C. G. Kim, "Measurement dose of Dental Panoramagraphy using a Rdiophotoluminescent Glass Rod Detector", J. Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Soc., Vol. 12, No. 6, pp.2624-2628, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.6.2624
- H. L. Lee, H. Y. Kim, H. W. Choi, M. H. Lee, C. S. Lim, "The Effects of a Thyroid Shield made of a Tissue-equivalent Material on the Reduction of the Thyroid Exposure Dose in Panoramic Radiography", J. Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Soc., Vol.12, No.6, pp.2624-2628, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.5.2278
- Radiation Exposure Evaluation Depending on Radiation Workers' Locations during Dental Radiography vol.9, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2015.9.7.433
- Study on the Exposure Field of Head and Neck with Measurement of X-ray dose Distribution for Dental Panoramic X-ray System vol.9, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2015.9.1.17
- Comparative Study of the Effective Dose from Panoramic Radiography in Dentistry Measured Using a Radiophotoluminescent Glass Dosimeter and an Optically Stimulated Luminescence Detector vol.73, pp.9, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3938/jkps.73.1377
- Estimation of Cancer Incidence and Mortality Risks Attributed to Diagnostic Medical Radiation Exposure in Korea, 2013 vol.33, pp.29, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2018.33.e211