- Volume 22 Issue 2
I investigated the river morphology and river naturality according to the environment of the Hwang River. The numbers of flexions at the upstream regions were more than those of downstream regions. The Hwang River showed very low overall diversity of the flow. Materials of river shore at low channel width were mainly boulders or gravel at the upstream regions, and the middle and downstream were silts and clay. Artificial masonry and natural materials were mixed from materials of river levees. The Hwang River was some of the natural herbaceous vegetation to riparian zones. Land utilities for floodplain were extremely overall farmland were predominant, and partly used by natural vegetation in the forest, a soccer field, some park facilities, residential, and commercial facilities. The water was width sleep / rivers beam ratio of 10 to 20%. Currently estimation for river naturality widely used in rivers were consisted of a narrow wide a variety of items and did not reflect the actual.
River naturality;Flexion;River levee;Floodplain
- Barbour, M. T., Gerritsen, J., Snyder, B. D., Stribling, J. B., 1999, Rapid bioassessment protocols for use in streams and wadeable rivers: Periphyton, benthic macroinvertebrates and fish, 2nd edition. EPA 841-B-99-002. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Water.
- Bjerklie, D. M., Moller, D., Smith, L. C., Dingman, S. L., 2005, Estimating discharge in rivers using remotely sensed hydraulic information, Journal of Hydrology, 309, 191-209. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2004.11.022
- Cho, Y. H., 1997, Development of an evaluation method of stream naturalness for ecological restoration of stream corridors, Ph. D. Dissertation, Seoul National University.
- Chung, J. C., Lee, S. S., 1998, A study on the evaluation of pro-environmental potential of streams in Sunchon City, J. Kor. Insti. Land. Arch., 26, 96-112.
- Collier, K. J., McColl, R. H. S., 1992, Assessing the natural value of New Zealand rivers, Chapter 13 in P.J. Boon, P. Calow, and G.E. Petts (Eds): River conservation and management John Wiley & Sons, London, 195-211.
- Cunningham, W. P., Cunningham, M. A., 2002, Principles of Environmental Science, McGraw-Hill Companies Inc., 1-418.
- Dunne, T., Leopold, L. B., 1978, Water in environmental planning, W. H. Freeman and Company, New York, 1-818.
- Ellenberg, H., 1956, Aufgaben und Methoden der Vegetationskunde, Eugen Ulmer, Stuttgart, 1-136.
- Environment Agency, 1997, River Habitat Survey: 1997 Field Survey Guidance Mannual.
- Kim, A. G., Cardone, C. R., 2005, Scatterscore: a reconnaissance method to evaluate changes in water quality, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 111, 277-295. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10661-005-8225-2
- Kim, M. K., Kim, H. J., Park, J. C., 2008, Development of the GIS-based stream hydromorphological structure assessment system for small and midium-size streams, J. Kor. Assoc. Geograph. Inform. Stud., 11, 93-107.
- Ministry of Environment, 2002, Stream Restoration Guideline.
- Ministry of Environment, 2011, Technical Specification, III-1-III-48.
- Ministry of Engergy and Natural Resources, 2001, A study on reasons, problems and solutions of the water plant in Isykli Lake, Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources press, Ankara, Turkey, 1-65.
- Park, B. C., Shin, Y. C., Suh, A. S., 2002, An application and case study on the evaluation method of river naturalness using GIS-the special reference to Musim, J. Kor. Assoc. Geograph. Inform. Stud., 5, 48-57.
- Park, B. J., Shin, J. I., Jung, K. S., 2005a, The Evaluation of River Naturalness for Biological Habitat Restoration : I. Proposal of Evaluation Method, Korea Water Resources Association, 37-48.
- Park, B. J., Shin, J. I., Jung, K. S., 2005b, The Evaluation of River Naturalness for Biological Habitat Restoration : II. Application of Evaluation Method, Korea Water Resources Association, 38, 49-57. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2005.38.1.049
- Pieterse, A. H., Murphy, K. J., 1990, Aquatic weeds: the ecology and management of nuisance aquatic vegetation, Oxford University Press, London, 1-593.
- Prichard, D., Barrett, H., Cagney, J., Clark, R., Gebhart, K., Hansen, P. L., Mitchell, B., Tippy, D., 1998, Riparian area management: process for assessing proper functioning condition, TR 1737-9, Bureau of Land Management, BLM/SC/ST-93/003+1737+REV95, Service Center, CO.
- USDA, 1998, Stream visual assessment protocol, National Water and Climate Center Technological Note 99-1, Portland, OR.
- Wohl, E., Merritts, D. J., 2007, What Is a Natural River?, Geography Compass, 1, 671-900.