- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis and Comparison of Flow Rate Measurements Using Various Discharge Measuring Instrument and ADCP
다양한 유량 측정기기와 ADCP를 이용한 유량 비교 분석
Ji, Ju-Yeon;Park, Seung-Yong;Lee, Gwang-Woo;Park, Gyeong-Min;Hwang, Soon-Hong;Kim, Dong-Ho;Lee, Young-Joon
- Received : 2012.12.05
- Accepted : 2013.02.20
- Published : 2013.02.28
Discharge data examine the process of hydrologic cycle and used significantly in water resource planning and irrigation and flood control planning. It makes high quality discharge data, they carry out research on standard and method of discharge measurement, and equipment improvement. Now various flow meters are utilized to make discharge data in Korea. However, accuracy of equipment and exprerimental research data from measurement are not enough. ADCP(Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler) have been introduced and utilized for flow measurements since the end of 1980's. ADCP flow method is a formal method for flow measurement can easily applyd to relatively large rivers gradually recognized. This equipment can measure the non-contact three-dimensional velocity and water depth data very quickly and efficiently. Also, spatial and temporal resolution of the data is more accurate than any other flow measurement methods which measure flow rate by velocity - area measurement method. In this paper, the velocity is measured using various flow meter and verified the effectiveness by applying from the ADCP in Geum-river. Various flow meters which are med for discharge measurements are VALEPORT002, FLOW TRACKER, PRICE AA and ADCP. The average of five times flow measurement result by ADCP was
Valeport002;Flow tracker;Price AA;ADCP
- Adler, M., Nicodemus, U., 2001, A new computer model for evaluation of data from acoustic doppler current profile(ADCP), Physics and Chemistry of the Earth(C), 26(10-12), 711-715. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1464-1909(01)00074-0
- Cha, J. H., Kim, D. G., Kim, W., Yoon, K. S., 2002, Uncertainty Analysis in How Measurement Data, Magazine of Korea water resources association, 36(6), 989 - 994.
- Hwang, S. H., Kim, C. Y., Jung, S. W, Kim, W., 2006, Improvement to the Methods of Discharge Computation from Float Measurements, Journal of Korea water resources association 2006, 852-857.
- Kim, D. S., Kang, B. S., 2011, Validation of Assessment for Mean Flow Field Using Spatial Averaging of Instantaneous ADCP Velocity Measurements, The Korea Environmental Sciences Society, 20(1), 107-118. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2011.20.1.107
- Kim, E. S., Choi, H. I., 2009, Verification and Application of Velocity Measurement Using Price Meter and ADCP, Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, 9(3), 101-106.
- Kim, W., Kim, D. G., Kim, C. Y., Park, E. H., Lee, C. J., 2008, ADCP Users Practical Guidance.
- Lee, C. J., Kim, D. G., Kim, C. Y., Kim W., 2005a, Velocity and Discharge Measurement using ADCP, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, 38(10), 811-824. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2005.38.10.811
- Lee, C. J., Kim, D. G., Kim, C. Y., Kim, W., 2005b, A Study on the Applicability and Efficiency of Discharge Measurement by ADCP in Korean Rivers, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, 2005 May 01, 1133-1137.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, 2004. 5, Stream Discharge Measurement Methods and Hydrologic Manual of Standard Method.
- Ministry of science and Technoligy/Ministry of Land Constantly secured of Water Resources R&D Center, 2004. 10, Streamflow Measurement Guide Line.
- Mueller, D. S., 2002, Field assessment of acoustic doppler based discharge measurements, Hydraulic Measurement & Experimental Methods, ASCEIAHR Joint Conference, Estes Park.
- Muste, M., Gonzalez-Castro, J. A., Yu, K., Kim, D., 2007, Accuracy of ADCP discharge measurements for rating of flow-control stuctures, IIHR Peport, IIHR-Hydroscience & Engineering, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA.
- Muste, M., Vermeyen, T., Hotchkiss, R., Oberg, K., 2007, Acoustic Velocimetry for Riverine Environments, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 115, 925-936.
- Muste, M., Yu, K., Pratt, T., Abraham, D., 2004, Practical aspects of ADCP data use for quantification of mean river flow characteristics; part II: Fixed-vessel measurements, Journal of Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, 15(1) 17-28.
- Muste, M., Yu, K., Spaspjevic, M., 2004, Practical aspects ADCP data use for quantification of mean river flow characteristics; part I: moving-vessel measurement. Flow measurement and instrumentation, 15(1), 1-6 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.flowmeasinst.2003.09.001
- RDI, 1996, Acoustic Doppler Current Profilers-Principle of operation, A Practical Primer, San Diego, CA, RD Instruments.
- SonTek, 2000, Doppler Velocity Log for ROV/AUV Applications, SonTek Newsletter, 15(1), SonTek, San Diego, CA.
- Yoo, M. W., Kim, Y. D., Lyu, S. W., Seo, I. W., 2007, Study on Flow rate Measurement of River using ADCP, Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment 2007 April 20, 1083-1087.