- Volume 8 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Multi-objective Unbalanced Distribution Network Reconfiguration through Hybrid Heuristic Algorithm
- Mahendran, G. ;
- Sathiskumar, M. ;
- Thiruvenkadam, S. ;
- Lakshminarasimman, L.
- Received : 2011.09.27
- Accepted : 2012.09.13
- Published : 2013.03.01
Electrical power distribution systems are critical links between the utility and customer. In general, power distribution systems have unbalanced feeders due to the unbalanced loading. The devices that dependent on balanced three phase supply are affected by the unbalanced feeders. This necessitates the balancing of feeders. The main objective of reconfiguration is to balance the loads among the phases subject to constraints such as load flow equations, capacity and voltage constraints and to reduce the real power loss, while subject to a radial network structure in which all loads must be energized. Therefore, the distribution system reconfiguration problem has been viewed as multi-objective problem. In this paper, the hybrid heuristic algorithm has been used for reconfiguration, which is the combination of fuzzy and greedy algorithms. The purpose of the introduction of greedy is to refrain the searching for the period of phase balancing. The incorporation of fuzzy helps to take up more objectives amid phase balancing in the searching. The effectiveness of the proposed method is demonstrated through modified IEEE 33 bus and modified IEEE 125 bus radial distribution system.
Power distribution network;Greedy;Fuzzy;Phase balancing
- J. C. Wang, H.-D. Chiang, and 0. R. Darling, "An Efficient Algorithm for Real-Time Network Reconfiguration in Large Scale Unbalanced Distribution System," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 1 I, pp. 51 1-7, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.486141
- V. Borozan, "Minimum Loss Reconfiguration of Unbalanced Distribution Networks," IEEE winter meeting, Vol. 96 WM 343-4 PWRD, 1996.
- Zhu, M. Y. Chow, and F. Zhang, "Phase balancing using mixed-integer programming," IEEE Trans. Power Syst., Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 1487-1492, Nov. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.736295
- J. Zhu, G. Bilbro, and M. Y. Chow, "Phase balancing using simulated annealing," IEEE Trans. Power Syst., Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 1508-1513, Nov. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.801943
- C. H. Lin, C. S. Chen, H. J. Chuang, and C. Y. Ho, "Heuristic Rule-Based Phase Balancing of Distribution Systems by Considering Customer Load Patterns," IEEE Trans. Power Syst., Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 709-716, May. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2005.846077
- M. Dilek and R.P. Broadwater, "Simultaneous Phase Balancing at Substations and Switches with Time- Varying Load Patterns," IEEE Trans. Power Syst.,Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 922-928, Nov. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.962447
- M. Y. Huang, C. S. Chen, C. H. Lin, M. S. Kang, H. J. Chuang and C. W. Huang, "Three-phase balancing of distribution feeders uing immune algorithm", IET Gener. Trans. Distrib., Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 383-392, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-gtd:20070206
- M. Sathiskumar, A. Nirmalkumar, L. Lakshminarasimman and S. Thiruvenkadam, "A Self Adaptive hybrid Differential Evolution algorithm for phase balancing of unbalanced distribution system", Journal of Elec. Power & Ene. Systems, Vol. 42, pp 91-97. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2012.03.029
- Y. Y. Hsu, Y. Jwo-Hwa, S. S. Liu, Y. W. Chen, H. C. Feng, and Y. M. Lee, "Transformer and Feeder Load balance Using a Heuristic Search Approach," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 8, pp. 184-90, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.221264
- W. M. Lin and H. C. Chin, "Optimal Switching for Feeder Contingencies in Distribution Systems with fuzzy set algorithm," IEEE, 1996.
- High-Performance Control of Three-Phase Four-Wire DVR Systems using Feedback Linearization vol.16, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2016.16.1.351
- Study on the Parameter Optimization of Soft-switching DC/DC Converters with the Response Surface Methodology, a SPICE Model, and a Genetic Algorithm vol.15, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2015.15.2.479
- Multi-objective optimization of the balancing of phases in primary distribution circuits vol.82, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2016.03.047