- Volume 8 Issue 2
The concentrated winding configurations offer significant advantage for reducing end windings. These machines are generally used in low speed high torque application due to relatively low copper loss. However, numbers of fractional slot construction make the designer hard to properly choose pole and slot numbers for the certain application. This paper provides the general information of possible fractional slot concentrated double layer winding machine.
Fractional slot;Concentrated winding;SPMSM;Saturation
- P. B. Reddy, T. M. Jahns, P. J. McCleer and T. O. Bohn, "Design, analysis and fabrication of a highperformance fractional-slot concentrated winding surface PM machine," ECCE 2010, Sept 12-16. 2010, pp.1074-1081.
- S-H. Han, T. M. Jahns, W.L. Soong, M.K. Goven, and M. S. Illindala, "Torque ripple reduction in interior permanent magnet synchronous machines using stators with odd number of slots per pole pair," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 118-127, March 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2009.2033196
- Pia Salminen, "Fractional slot permanent magnet synchronous motors for low speed applications," Ph.D thesis, Diss. Lapeenranta university of technology.
- Z. Q. Zhu, Z. P. Xia, L. J. Wu and G. W. Jewell, "Influence of slot and pole number combination on radial force and vibration modes in fractional slot PM brushless machines having single and double layer windings," ECCE 2009, Sept 20-24. 2009, pp. 3443- 3450.
- N. Bianchi, S. Bolognani, M. D. Pre, and G. Grezzani, "Design considerations for fractional slot winding configurations of synchronous machines," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 42, No. 4, pp. 997-1006, July/ Aug. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2006.876070
- P. Saliminen, T. Jokinen, and J. Pyrhonen, "Pull-out torque of fractional slot PM motors with concentrated winding," IEE Proceedings Electric Power Applications, Vol. 162, Issue 6, Nov. 4, pp. 1440-1444, 2005.
- H. V. Xuan, D. Lahaye, H. Polinder, J. A. Ferreira, "Influence of slot/pole number combination on performances of permanent magnet machines with concentrated windings for ship application," ICEMS 2011, Aug. 20-23. 2011.
- Fractional Slot Concentrated Windings: A New Method to Manage the Mutual Inductance between Phases in Three-Phase Electrical Machines and Multi-Star Electrical Machines vol.3, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.2.282
- Development of a 20-Pole–24-Slot SPMSM With Consequent Pole Rotor for In-Wheel Direct Drive vol.63, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.2.282
- Reduction in distortion of the synchronous generator voltage waveform using a new winding pattern vol.11, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.2.282
- Multi-objective optimization of an in-wheel electric vehicle motor vol.50, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.2.282
- Fractional-order LβCαLow-Pass Filter Circuit vol.10, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.2.282