- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Color Saturation Improvement using the Maximum Color Difference Table
최대색차신호 표를 이용한 컬러 채도 향상
- Received : 2012.07.24
- Accepted : 2012.12.18
- Published : 2013.02.28
In this paper, we propose a new color image enhancement method to improve the color saturation as well as luminance contrast in the YCbCr color space. The proposed method uses the maximum color difference table to compensate the perceived saturation changes due to luminance contrast changes. To improve the color saturation, the method first calculates the weighting factor by using the maximum color difference table and then multiplies the weighting factor to the input color difference signals. In this step, it maps color difference signals to proper color region to prevent the color distortion by considering the correlation of color saturations depending on the luminance and hue. The experimental results show that our method effectively improves color saturation compared to the conventional methods.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- R.G. Gonzalez and R.E. Woods, Digital Image Processing, Third Edition, Pearson Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, 2008.
- Y.-T Kim, "Contrast Enhancement using Brightness Preserving Bi-Histogram Equalization," IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 1-8, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/30.580378
- Y. Wang, Q. Chen, and B.M. Zhang, "Image Enhancement based on Equal Area Dualistic Sub-image Histogram Equalization Method," IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 45, No. 1, pp. 68-75, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/30.754419
- S.-D. Chen and A.R. Ramli, "Contrast Enhancement using Recursive Mean-Separate Histogram Equalization for Scalable Brightness Preservation," IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 49, No. 4, pp. 1301-1309, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2003.1261233
- J.-Y. Kim, L.-S. Kim, and S.-H. Hwang, "An Advanced Contrast Enhancement using Partially Overlapped Sub-Block Histogram Equalization," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 475-484, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/76.915354
- Y. Huang, L. Hui, and K.H. Goh, "Hue-based Color Saturation Compensation," IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics, pp. 160-164, 2004.
- 조영심, 윤정효, 박진성, 최명렬, "채도 향상을 이용한 적응형 화질 개선 알고리듬," 멀티미디어학회논문지, 제9권, 제11호, pp. 1455-1464, 2006.
- A.R. Weeks, L.J. Sartor, and H.R. Myler, "Histogram Specification of 24-bit Color Images in the Color Difference (C-Y) Color Space," Journal of Electronic Imaging, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 290-300, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1117/1.482715
- 옥현욱, 최원희, 김창용, "Normalized YCbCr 색공간에서의 적응적 채도 향상 방법," 신호처리소사이어티 추계학술대회 논문집, pp. 385-388, 2003
- 양경옥, 황정습, 윤종호, 조화현, 최명렬 "채도 확장을 이용한 컬러 이미지 향상 기법," 대한전자공학회 하계종합학술대회, pp. 371-372, 2007
- J. Morovic, To Develop a Universal Colour Gamut Mapping Algorithm, PhD Thesis, University of Derby, U. K., 1998.
- Chao-Chee Ku, Tsung-Ming Wang, "Luminance-Based Adaptive Color Saturation Adjustment," IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 51, No. 3, pp. 939-946, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2005.1510507
- Y. Yoda and H.K otera, "Appearance Improvement of Color Image by Adaptive Linear Retinex Model," Proc. IS&T's NIP21 (IS&T, Spring field, VA), pp. 660-663, 2004.