- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Property Evaluation of Four-Harness Satin Woven Glass/epoxy Composites for a Composite Bogie Frame
복합소재 대차프레임용 4매 주자직 유리섬유/에폭시 복합소재의 진동특성평가
- Kim, Il Kyeom (New Transportation Systems Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Jung Seok (New Transportation Systems Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Seo, Sung Il (Emerging Transportation Technology Research Division Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Woo Geun (Railway System Engineering, University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2012.08.22
- Accepted : 2012.09.17
- Published : 2013.02.28
In this study, the natural frequency and damping ratio of a four-harness satin woven glass/epoxy composite material are evaluated by means of modal tests and a finite element analysis. To achieve this goal, glass/epoxy beam specimens with different lengths and thicknesses were manufactured via autoclave curing. In the test, the maximum damping ratio was found to occur at the lowest test frequency. As the test frequency increased, the damping ratio decreased exponentially to a critical value. After that value, the damping ratio increased gradually to the maximum test frequency.
- J.S. Kim, H.J. Yoon (2011) Structural behaviors of a GFRP composite bogie frame for urban subway trains under critical load conditions, ICM11, Italy, June, pp. 5-9.
- J.S. Kim, H.J. Yoon, S.H. Lee, W.G. Lee, K.B. Shin (2011) Durability evaluation of the composite bogie frame under different shapes and loading conditions, ICCM18, Korea, August June, pp. 22-26.
- J.S. Kim, W.G. Lee (2012) Manufacturing and structural behavior evaluation of composite side beams using autoclave curing and resin transfer moulding method, International Journal of Precision Engineering Manufacturing, 13, pp. 723-730. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-012-0094-3
- J.S. Kim, K.B. Shin, H.J. Yoon and W.G. Lee (2012) Durability evaluation of a composite bogie frame with bow-shaped side beams, Journal of Mechanical Science Technology, 26, pp. 531-536. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-011-1034-3
- Roger M. Crane. (1989) Damping loss factor determination of glass and graphite epoxy laminated composites using vertically oriented cantilever beams, David Taylor Research Center.
- J.M. Berthelot, M. Assarar, Y. Sefrani, A.E. Mahi (2007) Damping analysis of composite materials and structures, Composite Structures, 85, pp. 189-204.
- A.E. Mahi, M. Assarar, Y. Sefrani, J.M. Berthelot (2008) Damping analysis of orthotropic composite materials and laminates, Composites: Part B, 85, pp. 1069-1076.
- Shape Monitoring of Composite Cantilever Beam by Using Fiber Bragg Grating Sensors vol.37, pp.7, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.7.833
- Study on Optimization for Scheduling of Local And Express Trains Considering the Application of High Performance Train vol.19, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2016.19.2.234
- Analysis of Acceleration and Deceleration on High Performance Train for A Metropolitan Rapid Transit System vol.33, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7470/jkst.2015.33.6.564
- Study on Analysis of RTM Process to Manufacture Bogie Frame Skin Depending on Thickness vol.28, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7234/composres.2015.28.6.372
- Verification of Calculated Hydrodynamic Forces Acting on Submerged Floating Railway In Waves vol.17, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2014.17.6.397
- Analysis of RTM Process to Manufacture Composite Bogie Frame Considering Fiber Orientation vol.18, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2015.18.4.301