- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Interior Noise Characteristics of High-speed Trains
고속철도 차량의 실내소음 특성 연구
- Noh, Hee-Min (Dept. of High-Speed Railroad Systems Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Choi, Sunghoon (Dept. of High-Speed Railroad Systems Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Seog-Won (Dept. of High-Speed Railroad Systems Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Hong, Suk-Yoon (Dept. of Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, College of Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2012.07.11
- Accepted : 2012.12.17
- Published : 2013.02.28
Because excessive interior noise when riding a high-speed train leads to annoyances, fatigue and stress for passengers, interior noise reduction methods should be considered. In particular, a high-speed train operated in various operation environments, and in South Korea, these include open fields and tunnels. Therefore, a specific study about changes in interior noise characteristics according to different environments is necessary. For this reason, the interior noise characteristics on a KTX train and on the KTX-Sancheon train were analyzed from noise measurements using microphones in this paper. Vibrations on the axles, bogies and floor were also measured, are these area are structural paths for interior noise. From this research, the interior noise characteristics according to the driving speed were deduced and the effects on interior noise by driving environments such as open fields and tunnels were investigated. Furthermore, the effect on interior noise by axles, bogies and floor vibrations were analyzed from a transfer function analysis.
Grant : 430km/h급 고속열차 시운전 시험 연구
Supported by : 국토해양부
- P.W. Eade, A.E.J. Hardy (1977) Railway vehicle internal noise, Journal of Sound Vibration, 51(3), pp. 403-415. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-460X(77)80083-7
- K.J. Woo, S. Kim (2008) A study on the reduction of structureborne noise in a train, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 11(6), pp. 519-523.
- H. Heckl, G. Hauck, R. Wettschureck (1996) Stucture-borne sound and vibration from rail traffic, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 193(1), pp. 175-184. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1996.0257
- J. Farm (2000) Interior structure-borne sound caused by the sleeper-passing frequency, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 231(3), pp.831-837. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1999.2566
- K. Noumura, J. Yoshida (2006) Method of transfer path analysis for vehicle interior sound with no excitation experiment, Honda R&D Technical Review, Proceedings of FISITA World Automotive Congress, Yokohama, Japan, 27, F2006D183.
- ISO3381, Railway applications-acoustics-measurement of noise inside railbound vehicles.
- S. Kim, H. Lee, J.T. Kim (2012) Sound insulation strategy for the tunnel noise in a high speed train, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 15(4), pp. 315-322. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.4.315
- Analyses of the Railway Noise Transmission Characteristics of the Rooms in High-speed Train Stations Depending on Building Types vol.34, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7776/ASK.2015.34.5.385
- An Empirical Study of Railroad Technology Improvement Using AHP and QFD vol.41, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7469/JKSQM.2013.41.2.301
- Evaluation of Interior Sounds of High-speed Trains Considering the Condition of Tunnel Running vol.24, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2013.24.3.253
- Evaluation of Speech Privacy on the Seat-design in High-speed Train Passenger Cars vol.24, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2013.24.2.146
- Multiple Noise Analysis and Derivation of Noise Prediction Equations for Shelter System vol.26, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2016.26.5.616
- Control of interior surface materials for speech privacy in high-speed train cabins vol.27, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1111/ina.12339
- Analysis of the Sound Field Changes in Railway Tunnel by Incorporating Porous Aggregate Sound Absorbing Materials vol.41, pp.1, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2019.41.1.48